Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freshly built Caterham Super Blackbird 375kg 190hp.

Julian Thompson

Julian, when he/she is 5 and you pick them up from school you will be the coolest dad in the car park *cool*. My mate borrows my humble 1600k SS and when he collects his daughter from the very expensive school she goes to its not the Bentley's, Massa's etc that get the attention its the Seven, everybody wants to have a go and his little girl just beamswith pride because her dad drivers the cool car. Save it for that moment when you see that little face grinning back at you beacuse you have taken time to pick them up in the "racing car", you will know you made the right decision those few years back.

Enjoy being a dad but remember you still need to be Julian the person in your own right and some days you will need a break and little blat to clear your head.

Fuel your Addiction here

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*wavey*

Hi chaps!

Son Louis was born 11 October and was 8lb 2oz. He and mum are doing fine!

I also feel much more relaxed about the car now there is no "deadline"!

Which is a good job because we failed yet again to get this engine running right using the 24-2 crank wheel yesterday!

We've now got to do it again but move the teeth round so that the gap is accross a more stable part of engine rotation during cranking. All very technical.

I'm hoping now that the car will be running perfectly for November but we'll see!

*thumbup*

Thanks fella's!

Baby boy = cars 😬

Well chuffed!

On the Caterham front I do need to say thanks to Alan at DTA who has actually rewritten the DTA software to accomodate what has been learned! These updates will be available for DTA users on general release soon, and will help further for customers to integrate odd/non standard crankwheel patterns.

*thumbup*