Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.8K series engine

Peter G

Considering an upgrade, so a winter project/engine swap seems a good idea, any version engine considered, as fettling anticipated! Preferably a runner, with no history of problems (am I dreaming 🤔)

Toe down, nose up the windscreen!

Thanks all.

Ken, I have sent a reply with a few queries

Steve, Thanks I've had a look at the ad, over my budget i'm afraid. *cry*

DavidM, No email as of yesterday, busy weekend so will check again tonight.

Edited by - Peter G on 11 Aug 2008 09:22:15

I have a spare standard 1.8 EU3 engine from MGF its complete with loom - Rover ECU and blippers - induction manifold - fuel rail and throttle body - also have spare Caterham bits to modify such as sump - baffles - bellbousing - water rail and starter - alternator - standard Caterham fly and clutch assembly - may also be able to sort you an exhaust as I'll be upgrading my current system later this month. I'm based Ely so not a million miles away. Basically all you need. *thumbup*

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Hi Peter,

Not sure what happened to the email, take a look at the For Sale thread where I have the details. Its a scholar block, forged pistons, with VVC Head, verniers, Pipercross 285cams, Dave Andrews built and fully ported, rolling roaded at 207bhp. Its an engine block and head. Its a lot of engine for the money that with the scholar block will enable you to keep going higher intot he future, make a great base for your winter project.

David M

GF04RCE.... every day is a Caterham day!!!! He heee!!... pictures here.

Gents, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but here's the responses so far.

David M, got the email thanks, sounds good, but out of my price range I'm afraid.

Geoff, sounds interesting, do you know what the power output is? And of course how much you're looking for? Any idea of the mileage?

AVES, again interesting, any idea of price, and the mileage of course.

Ivaan, current engine is a bog standard 1.6 K, 115/120BHP EU3, 14,000 miles, all fine to date, just looking for a bit more power, remains in the car probably till spring at least don't know if you want to wait that long.

lotusdave, again interested, can you blatmail me with info on price etc,

Happy to get replies off line via blatmail.

Thanks all

Edited by - Peter G on 21 Aug 2008 18:56:48