Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerspeed Exhaust Bulk Buy - Still time to join in!

m1key

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a non cat silencer (replica for exact R500 silencer dimensions) for my Duratec SV R400. Using Caterham primaries and Caterham cat paybass pipe. Have spoken to Dave about this. Any chance I could be added to the BB?

BUSA POWWWER

• 3 weeks later...

Yep - cheers Dave and thanks to Mike for sirting this bulk-buy. Picked my car up on Saturday with it's new complete 4-2-1 system with built-in cat... very happy with it, great sound, quieter at idle, but noisier (and a deeper bass-like tone) under WOT 😬

This has definitely helped increase my torque in the mid-range - which was the object of the exercise for me and my little 1.6k *thumbup*

Rich

DVA K05 1.6 It's a 187bhp screamer!!!here

Rich - K05 on a 1.6lts is my next step and clearly decent exhaust is on the shopping list - you say its a little noisier - any indictation of real dB - I spend most of my time on the track an noise is becoming a big issue these days.

Also can you email me some pictures of the installation - I 'll be booking mine in during the coming weeks.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Geoff - YHM....

Noise in summary - at idle it's a lot quieter (my old system was 98db) - at WOT it's a deeper, more gruff noise that I think sounds great - I recon it will fly though any track day noise test at idle and 4000rpm, but suspect it may trip the drive-by meters used at some tracks. If it does, then buy an insert from Dave, this apparently drops the noise nicely...

DVA K05 1.6 It's a 187bhp screamer!!!here