Click here if you are having website access problems ×

carbon mirrors

akakubi

I am considering CF side mirrors (either CC or non-OEM), but was wondering what the fittings were on these. Do they bolt only to the CF wind deflector or would they also fit to the regular windscreen, in the same spot as the standard SVA requirement? Has anyone done this? I like having side mirrors as a permanent fixture (so not on the doors), but the stock plastic ones are a bit too large and square for my likes.

thx!

akakubi, Carbon-bits (aka RiF) do some mounts that allow Racetech side mirrors (carbon or plastic) to fit onto the standard windscreen stanchions. They are then interchangeable onto the aeroscreen if you so wish.

I have used them and they work well.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85

I recently fitted SPA GT Le Mans convex mirrors to the windscreen stanchions - simply drilled/tapped M5 holes and screwed them on. Best thing I did on the car - no movement at all - even at very high speeds. See photos here. Only downside is - you can only open the doors half way - but that saves the scuff marks on the bonnet anyway *thumbup* Really good rear visibility.

7 related photos

Door opening may not be an issue for you, but I bet you will get fed up of passengers knocking them.

I fitted my SPA mirrors to the sidescreens, and they are fine in that position.

Have a look here.

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

I agree with CageyH. I tried the mount on the window and got fed up with people knocking them out of alignment so I put Racetech mirrors on the doors instead and find thats no problem.

You can mount them in one of the holes you will already have from the standard mirrors, then fill the other hole with black plastic number plate bolts cut down on the inside so they are flush.

Alan

I see your concern. The thing is, when I don't have the doors in place (or have half-doors), I still want to use the mirrors. I now need to figure out how to address the passenger entry issue. Maybe jam the mirror in a preferred position once setup... *confused*

I wanted to achieve the same and mounted SPA mirrors on the windscreen stanchions.

Drill and tap an extra hole and use the existing middle securing screw. Some fibre washers in the mirrors adjustment fasteners (ie the arm that joins the base to teh mirror at both ends) allows easy reposition if they are accidentally knocked

See picture here been like this for 6 years now and would not go back to the big wobbly door mirrors.

Andy