Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sunshine guaranteed at MIRA

Mrs Kipper

Hmmm

Looks like you may need it between the timed runs ☹️ Showers forecast for the afternoon......................

I shall start doing my sun dance in earnest *cool*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

I had a great day, thanks Mrs K. Unfortunately I didn’t heed Dave Jackson’s advice on the MIRA hints thread -

dont forget the suncream - its a hotspot on that expanse of tarmac.
and I’m now a most unhealthy shade of lobster.

Hope that you can get your car back to health without too much expenditure!

-----Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy - now looking at things from a slightly different perspective.

*arrowup* me too *cool*

good day - fast and grippy track (though Hannah did manage her first spin at the control tower). perhaps I am not trying hard enough!

Big thankyou to the Clerk of the Course and his Deputy who did Hannah a large favour on the day, resulting in her being able to compete.

Out of interest, what was the typical difference in speed trap speeds between cars running aero screens and full windscreens?

Roll on Loton 😬

Paul and Hannah B

• Leadership Team

Hmm, glad I'm not the only one who is lobster coloured. *redface*

Great day with the exception of Mrs Kipper's off - hope the damage can be quickly fix *wavey*ed

Some superb times, and an especially big 😶‍🌫️ to Jeff for blitzing class 3 (with surely a class record time?).

Michael.

Edited by - Mcalvert on 15 Jun 2008 18:17:31

Another most enjoyable day, I hope the car is fixable without too much financial input Pat and Steve. I look forward to seeing you behind the wheel again soon Pat.

Great drive Jeff, shame we won't see you at Shelsley,but I hope you have a great wedding day. Best wishes to both of you *wavey* *wavey*

Hope it stayed dry for the concert Michael and Tam, looked like you had no intention of being late judging by the way you came past me on the motorway *biggrin* Looking forward to Loton, it seems like I need to find an extra couple of hundredths to beat you or alternativly supply a large bottle of red for your consumption on friday night 😬

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Thanks to all for another good day - shame about being pipped by Richard (yet again!! *smile*) by a few 10ths - never mind there will be a next time...

Hope to see you back again soon Pat - Kate needs the competition, although when I tell her what she owes me for a new nosecone at the end of the season it may slow her up a bit! Hope the repairs aren't too extensive to your though.

See you soon.

Mike

Yep another great day.

I felt like crap all day. Like I was standing on the deck of a ship with the hang over from hell! (Which it wasn't I hasten to add).

However I believe its the first time Adrian hasn't had understeer this year and look what he did to me 😔 I really enjoyed the pressure. Most competitive. I'm not looking forward to the "hills" except Harewood of course as I think the Captain will be far far more of a handful. Understeer isn't a factor there!

I think you enjoyed the day also Adrian. Its what the series is all about. And after seeing Robs times I'm not at all confident that a Busa won't be joining the fray also. well done Rob.

Jeff saw your last run. It looked fun *eek*

By the way thats the fastest by 3mph that I've ever achieved.

Gosh there are so mane well dones etc. Team manager. Jeffs daughter Gill and all the other girls.

Chin up Pat. Shows your trying. Glad your OK.

Simon

Pat,

Well the "lucky" gazebo kept the rain off, but failed to look after the rest of your day!

I hope you are feeling better today, and the paramedic's healing hands did the trick.

With the exception of the exhaust and the plastic bits, I hope that the damage looked worse than it was, and that you will be back in the fray by Loton - I can sort the filler and spray cans if you wish!

Paul

Commiserations Pat, if only you could have been in the paddock at the time and seen for yourself the number of genuinely concerned people that were hoping you were OK. I'm looking forward to seeing you back in action soon.

As ever it was a delight to watch the ladies in action be they the current champion ignoring the kerbs for once and turning her attention to the cones or Stacie and the other new girls getting to grips with the sport. Well done Gill can you give me a bit of a talking to before the last run please it obviously works. 😬

Yes Simon I certainly enjoyed it, finally the understeer disappeared and allowed me to take the fight to you. Fast these class 5 cars aren't they. *eek* I made a mistake on my last run and you didn't so the best man won which is how it should be.

Adrian

It was good to be back at MIRA after two years of mechanical failures keeping us at home 😳

Well done to all the ladies, and especially to novices Suzanne and Stacey for a fantastic first event 😬

Have fun at Shelsley (H5 URF is having a well earned holiday in the south of France *cool*) and see you all at Loton *wavey*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

PS Clawhammer - the concert was great. I was much refreshed having slept through most of Michael's motorway antics. Although I have seen the tell-tale 😳 😳

Pat - I hope that you are fully recovered and I look forward to seeing you back in the paddock soon *smile*

If there is anything we can do to help with the car, please shout *wavey*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

*wavey*

Thanks to all for your concern and kind words *smile*. Aches are, thankfully, no worse than those from a weekend's gardening *thumbup*

The glancing tyre blow to the head hasn't knocked any sense into me and I hope to be on the start line at Loton, where I will not be exiting the first corner at 66*mph with no track left *redface*

A special thanks to all the emergency staff who took great care of me and the car and without whom we wouldn't be able to play *thumbup*

I'm sorry that Stephen had to miss a great day ☹️ there was obviously some close competition.

Now, where can I find a Panel Beating for Beginners book? 😬

Mrs K

*Top speed reading on the bike computer.

Thanks to all for another thoroughly enjoyable day. I’m still struggling to put names to faces still, but it’s good to see that you are OK Pat. *thumbup*

Congratulations to everyone in the Premier Class, especially Malcolm; you should consider aiming for a Class win from here mate (at least that’s what the marshal with a light block in his back pocket said) 😬 😬

Thanks Neil, I’ll try a bit harder, but it’s not so easy when you are up against standard 182 BHP Supersport. I'll edit it later to read 128 BHP. *tongue*

See you at Selsley 🤔....