Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive Wheels - Bulk Buy - FINAL DETAILS 8.5.08

jeremybu

Thanks for the replies.

Assuming there is no more interest, I'll talk to Compo on Tuesday to see if they will allow the full discount as we are almost there.

If anyone else does want to get involved, please respond by Tuesday morning.

Those that have confirmed, can you edit your posts to let me know what you would prefer with regards delivery.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

x2 8" x 13 ML, But i will need them by 20th June very latest!! Le Sept.

I have vans running all over UK, could collect at a fair price and bring them to the Midlands for redistribution if this helps.

£40 for collection,

Tantrum

We appear to be at 44 now. Compo have said that will do for 24% but if anyone else wants to join in, let me know. There is a 21-28 day delivery time so this should be OK for Le Septers (which includes me) to get them in time.

I'm waiting for approval of an order sheet from Compo to ensure we get all the details so if you can Blatmail your email addresses ASAP I'll send that through to you.

I'll update the first post tomorrow hopefully with what needs to be done.

Re offsets, Compo will help if you happen to be an odd one but I don't think they want to get involved in telling all of us what we need so you will still have to find that out for yourselves.

I will post an offset help re the most common sizes on Techtalk and see if anyone who's been there, done that can give you some pointers but still it's going to be down to you to make sure the offsets are what you want.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

Edited by - jeremybu on 7 May 2008 18:45:59

Hi Andy

The offset is the distance from the centre line of the wheel to the mating face of the hub. I dictates where the inside and outside of the wheel lie.

I'll email the order sheet over later. Tou will need to complete that and send to me with the deposit payment. If you can sort that over the weekend I'll send it off next week.

I'm going to Spa for the RMA trackday so if I can I want to be able to send it all off on Monday but it relies on everyone responding ASAP.

Hi Jeremy

I have edited my post, any chance of meeting up on Saturday, i'll fill in my form and give you a deposit *thumbup* This time I promise to be sober

Ta

Martin

PS Thanks for all the time your putting into this, much appreciated by all *thumbup*

Hi Martin

I am around Saturday. I plan to have a spin to Softbits at around 9am if you fancy a scoot. Either that or I'll be back around 11ish I expect.

Jeremy I definately want one and maybe two sets of cxr in black 7 *13 and 8.5 * 13 but I am completely baffled on the offset point desite reading the tech post.

To my simple mind I want the same as the standard caterham wheels but as I type this I realise as they are thinner my wider ones will need more offet to keep the same clearance but I am still confused as to what I want.

If I take orf my barnbys and measure the distance inside rim to centre does that help me (the rears are 8.5 but don't know on the fronts)

Helppppppppppp

Will

ps emailed you my better email address

Will

You need to find the centreline of the wheel to start with. My 6" wheels have an overall width of 7" external because as far as I understand the wheel width is where the tyre mounts inside the rim rather than the outer edge. If I measure 3.5" in from the very outside, I get the centreline. From there you can measure the distance to the outside edge of the wheel, say 110mm, then measure from the mounting face to the outside edge, say 130mm and the difference gives you the offset - 20mm =ET20.

If you increased to a 7" wheel which gives an additional 25mm width, these would be examples of the options.

Add 12.5mm to each side - offset stays as ET20.

Add 5mm to inner and 20mm to outer changes offset to ET13 (20-13= -7 difference inside and +7 difference outside.

Add 20mm to the inner and 5mm to the outer changes offset to ET27 (20+7= +7 inside and -7 outside)

Keep the inner edge in the same place and therefore add 25mm to the outer would give an offset of ET7.

I am not an expert in this so you take a small chance going on my sayso but I think I have it right.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Will

Your Barnby fronts are 6.5"

You could always ring Mike Barnby to ask offsets, they're standard *idea*

I thought standard rear offset was ET24 for 8.5", fronts you'll have to look at wheel and tyre relative to the front CSR wing and stay, then decide whether you want the extra 1/2" inboard or outboard *thumbup*

Martin

Can any body tell me the reccomended offset, to put 8" rims on the rear of a Dedion

with LSD?

Sorted ET20 seems to be the answer, so x2 ML 8"x13 ET20 please.. *cool*

I am off to Greece for a week on saturday night, so could do with an address or bank details to transfer some cash.

Andyg

Tantrum

Edited by - AndyG on 9 May 2008 10:08:35

Edited by - AndyG on 9 May 2008 11:08:57

I am waiting for Will's order still. All the others are in now. I'll post up a chaser to Will in case his email is playing up.

Dear All

Having popped my engine yesterday I would like to withdraw (and cry quietly)

However if by doing so I cock up the discount I will have one set provided someone will hide them from the wife for a while engine issues keep me in the garage for too long.

Sorry if I have delayed everything. I have had a busy couple of weeks and didn't get my arse in gear.

Jeremy . I have emailed you first thing but will call in a minute.

Will

Just waiting for the form and cheque from Will (on its way), cheque from Rob (on its way) and payment confirmation from David (Wilkes) now received.

I need to have all this ASAP now as we are running tight for time for Andy to get his wheels before Le Sept.

Edited by - jeremybu on 20 May 2008 15:26:50

I may not look to do it again. Saying that though, now it's all in place, perhaps it will become an annual event. ☹️