Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VHPD head KV6 bodies.....testing the water

regroo

Not yet sure what your selling - are selling a VHPD head and KV6 TBs, or KV6 TBs for a VHPD head? If you were selling a set of KV6 TB with trumpets and airfilter, I may be interested. Dont want a VHPD head at the moment, but may be interested in the TBs if the price was right.

Hi Tom,

It would be a complete VHPD head with everything er....complete 😬

....and there would also be some KV6 TB's with the trumpets and ITG filter.

Right now I am looking for the value of both the above.

• Leadership Team

Tom/Nathan, the KV6 TBs are a pair of small TBs mated to a Rover produced manifold - the injectors fit the manifold half therefore both parts are needed as a set. I bought a set a few years ago for £100, a friend bought a set soon afterwards for £250. Generally they sell for £200 to £250, but it's very important that the TBs have been used with the correct supports and there are no cracks in the manifold flange - replacements are as rare as rocking horse poo!

You'll need an Emerald (or similar) so not exactly a "bolt-on" upgrade.

Stu.

If I was looking for a VHPD head I would pay up £200 for a good secondhand one with no mods. Add to that £125 for the solid followers £125 for the cams and springs etc gets you to about £450 for the head, £200 for the full TB assembly and filter extra if the injectors are included I possibly £80-100 for the verniers. At present the markets a bit dead for K performance parts so if you are desperate to sell expect less.

If you bolt this onto a standard bottom end ie non forged pistons you will probably ruin the pistons.

Andy

Andy, will a stock bottom end be knackered even if an Emerald restricts the RPM? I thought it was RPM that killed them? I was wondering about fitting TBs & an Emerald at some point, with the stock bottom end and limited RPM. Is this not a feasible option?

Whisper mode - I may be interested in the TB, manifold, filter & any supports etc at around the £200 mark, with a bit of hangling if there are bits missing. Thats if you split the TB from the head. Dont tell anyone. Ive just bought a DSLR & am meant to be saving money. 😳

I think there are concerns with the standard piston lands if you see outputs above 165 bhp. Limiting the revs will help as cagey says but wheres the fun in that 😬. I also understand that the later trophy pistons are slightly stronger. I think you will find more details on DVAs website.

Tom send the DSLR back and go for broke with the full kit and forged pistons.

Andy