Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Wing Attachment - Rawnut Supplier?

New Cat

I have removed the remains of one of my rear wings and have found all 3 rivnuts have pulled out and made the skin holes a little bigger. Reading old threads it seems maybe rawnuts may be the best replacement?

Please can you advise me as to what to order assuming I can get the holes back to little bigger than standard size and where to get them from (speedy delivery would be very helpful).

Many thanks,

Jon

1994 1.7 Supersprint De-dion X-Flow. Yellow with black cycle wings - Now with Megajolt !

Thanks guys, I've ordered some rawlnuts from Eliseparts and some M5 screws, nuts and washers from modelfixings.com (seem very competitive). I did this after reading a few horror stories about the damage that can be done when rawlnuts rip out - hopefully the nylon bolts will break first!

Has anyone successfully used rawlnuts with nylon bolts?

Jon

• Area Representative
What is meant by "dressing" of the wing?

I have used a round file to open out the holes where the original rivnuts have pulled out.

If the side skins are distorted where the rivnuts have pulled out, then I'd gently push (not hammer) the skin back into shape with the ball of a ball pein hammer, then file to size.

Do you use nylon bolts with your rawlnuts?

Yes, I use Nylon screws.