Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma 150 . Fan on temp.. It's 101 deg?

The Pikey

Mark

That’s interesting, I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the ECU triggered the off-on . Mine comes on at 101 deg and off at 99 these are exact temps and the second it hit 101 it comes on.

Jason

P.s Just took a look at your webshots and love the metallic red with the silver stripe *thumbup*

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

CA08 TRM

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 21 Dec 2007 22:13:31

Hi

Deffinitley sound a bit high, although have not measured mine. The fan is controlled by the ECU, the wire that would go to the fan switch in the rad is the same as that that comes from the ECU which is why those wires should be left unconnected as it may well blow the output in the ECU.

Regards

Ivan

Guys.. that is not too high. You gotta remember the stat switching temp. If your stats a 92 open and your rad fan switch is an 86 for example thats feck all use. It will do absolutely no damage switching on at 101-off @ 99. What I would add is that the tolerance between 101/99 is rather tight. I would have liked about 4-5 degrees switching variance. K series fan switching was 103 on the mems.

BUSA POWWWER

Graeme - I presume your taking your reading from the temp display guage? Is this the same for all posts above? Jason - are you getting your measurements direct from the ECU as you appear to be very specific on the temp switching values?

Why I ask is that will most likely have different readings between what is displayed on the temp guage at fan switching and what the ECU sees at this point.

BUSA POWWWER

As Tim says the fan switching temp needs to be related to the stat opening values.

And as he says you need to be measuring the temp accurately so not using the Caterham guages as they are pants.

Take a reading from the ECU.......don't forget to consider the locations of the various sensors, they may be seeing completely different values.

I think I have just agreed with Timbo......

FWIW my fan switches on at 98 and off at 94.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

Guys, I am taking the readings off Easimap and surprisingly enough the temp gauge on the dash seems to mirror it give or take a tad.

Any other 150 owners took the reading of easimap to offer as a comparison?

Simonbell, I may be wrong but I think there is only one temp sender on the sigma??

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

CA08 TRM

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 22 Dec 2007 14:29:33

• 3 weeks later...

Jason if you gauge and Esimap are sililar then assuming my gauge is correct then it does sound high as i struggle to get fan to kick in - even driving with a little right foot *tongue* Mine was about 92 where suggested *confused*

Its finally finished :-) 3500 miles completed. Back at CC now :-(