Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Direction indicators

Pete-B

Wait until you drive it - if you've not had a seven before, you'll appreciate the buzzer - or at least, those poor sods following you for miles with the little orange lights flashing for mile after mile, past junction after junction will wish you had kept it . .. 😬

Bri

Just looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like you could quite simply unplug the buzzer and plug them straight in to a light bulb. Just need to get the wattage somewhere near the same so the indicators flash at the same speed. You could always leave the buzzer and fit a 5mm ultrabright green LED with the correct resistor in the dash (like the immobiliser but much much brighter)

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

CA08 TRM

Not sure how the buzzer is wired on your new car, but it isn't just a case of connecting a LED and resistor to the indicator switch. A kind soul at a local area meet drew me the necessary diagram - involving a wheatstone bridge of diodes. Have yet to sort it out. I put the green 12V LED in the dash a while ago ..... must sort out the connections to make it do what it is supposed to do !

In the meantime, you have to get into the habit of turning the corner, then after the next gear change, cancel the indicator. If starting from rest - 1st gear, 2nd gear, cancel indicator ... etc !

7 related photos

Isn't there a little flashing light on the speedo dial (or is it the rev counter)? - I think the car has to have a visual warning light to pass its type approval & future MOT

The buzzer is a bit annoying, but at least it makes it hard to forget to cancel the indicators. I'd be a bit wary of fitting a bright light as you don't want it too bright at night (I find the high beam warning light far too bright and have put a little sticker over it to dim it down a bit)

Tim N

I just tried to fit a superbright LED to the dash and it's really easy. The flasher unit seems to have the buzzer built in so best to leave that. I fitted a 2500mcd LED with a 200ohm resistor and connected the poss wire to terminal 49 and neg wire to terminal 49A on the flasher unit and it works fine. I don't think you will find it nessesary but if you do then you know you can do it in 5 mins.

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

CA08 TRM