Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wind deflectors & Mirrors

Colin Cooper

Hi Tony,

I have race mirrors connected via metal plates to the plastic brackets which form the door / deflector hinges & these work brilliantly and allow you to run with doors /deflectors & mirrors. *cool*

As for the deflectors, it is true to say that they're not too good in factory mode *cry*, but a little experimentation whilst driving with them on (pushing the driver's side deflector outwards) will demonstrate that there is a point of maximum deflection / minimum turbulence which is actually not too bad! *thumbup*

I have used two pieces of 90 degree angled ali plate bolted to the hinge on the deflector and bent so that it goes behind the windscreen pillar and keeps the deflector off the bodywork and at the requisite angle discovered above. 😶‍🌫️

Took very little time to cobble together and is well worthwhile if you are not quite ready to ditch the windscreen (as many on this forum will urge you to do!) *rolleyes*

Enjoy. 😬 😬 😬

Keith

C4TTT

Edited by - Keith Henson on 19 Jun 2007 19:53:11

Colin, have a look at "www.carbon-bits.com". Richard sells windscreen stanchion mounts for Racetech mirrors (that normally go with his aeroscreen). Works fine for me. As others have said buffeting is still pretty bad with wind deflectors, but add a pair of Jill Judd (www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk) half doors and all buffeting is removed.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85

Doclip, half doors and wind deflectors stops the buffeting. TBH I haven't tried half doors without deflectors but I would be surprised if it did. With the wind deflectors it does depend on how tall you are and how ar back you need to sit, the buffeting increases the further away from the screen you get.

Graham.

R7 GPK

Superlight #85