Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec R Stickers

Andy Doughty

I'd be interested in some too. I've made some drawings which I can send to you if you know where to get some made Andy.

Example here

BRG Brooklands SV 2.0L Ammo Duratec 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 29 May 2007 07:00:38

The 'DURATEC' font is Arial italic with some increased k e r n i n g (spacing).

The 'R' is from the 'Rage Italic' font.

Most sticker places should be able to make the stickers up for a tenner or so.

-----See some pictures of the build here. 12000 miles completed!

Hi Barry

Had R400 on both sides but missing "Superlight" stickers there and "Superlight R400" on rear passenger side. CC are aware and hopefully will be added along with ACES change up lights/oil cooler/fuel filler cap flap removal at 500 mile service which is needed very soon. 41 miles on clock on delivery. Already over 300 miles on clock and 85 miles to Dartford.......... Waiting to hear back from them when they can do service.

Dick

Prisoner Superlight SV R400

Yes Dick they didn't supply the stickers to me either just a caterham X power badge for the back *confused* I had to push them to get some stickers. The cooling issue is still in development with me as the crash test dummy but should be resolved soon, also get them to check your fan setting as mine comes on at 82c should be 94c. Thanks for the offer Dick but my car is virtually finished apart from the changes that are occurring to the cooling system.

Barry

R400 Duratec No. 001

Edited by - BAZZA on 30 May 2007 08:31:45

Just been quoted £25 + VAT for two stickers as above *eek*

A bit steep, but as it's a one-off I guessed it wouldn't be cheap.

BRG Brooklands SV 2.0L Ammo Duratec 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Ouch.......that is expensive

I can't quite figure how there is a cooling issue. If I with my limited automotive knowledge was able to work something out by looking at a few photos and talking to a couple of people who had built one before me then how come Caterham are still having problems.......the duratec has been around for a while now after all.

I run radtec rad, 82 degree convetional Mazda stat in original stat location, expansion bottle at the front, heater plumbed in as well and once its properly bled the temps never go above 80-85 except in traffic. Fan set to come on at 94 and off at 90 as far as I can remember.

We ran this setup in America with high ambient temps and it was still stable.

New Duratec R sticker here

If anyone would like a copy of the graphic file to get there own made, just e-mail me along with any modifications required.

Don't photo's show-up the stone chips 😔

Edited by - Tony C on 2 Jun 2007 11:01:59

The number font is GENUINE. I slightly stretched it horizontally, changed the spacing a bit them leaned it over - rather than use the sizing and italic facility.

If you don't have appropriate software, e-mail me and I can send you a copy of your required number *cool*

Thanks for all the replies on this subject.

Tony C has been mailing me with some good stuff on this.

I have found a local man who has quoted me £5 for 4 stickers which is a bit of a bargain.

I expect to get them on Friday and I will let you know what the quality is like.

I am sure he will take orders to post to anyone who is interested.

Watch this space!