Click here if you are having website access problems ×

heater

lowlander

Hi Lowlander

I think the early "K" cars just had the vents in to the footwell via holes in the scuttle unlike the later "k" cars that have a fresh air heater allows cool air with directional vents

Tweeky

In a purple haze

My 1994 K has the footwell holes and the eyeballs in front of the gearstick.

Not as powerful as friend's recirculating heater in his crossflow, but I wouldn't be without it, driving a lot in the winter.

Jerry Parker

L7 SVN

1400 Supersport

Heaters are for wimps . There is enough heat transfer from the engine bay to keep you warm even on a cold day - unless you are using aeroscreen/ brooklands - shed the heater and the consequent weight - stick to the Chapman principle

David

1989 1700XF SS clams with carbon

webshots here

• Leadership Team

It's fairly easy to add a heater if there isn't one - usually a few around if you put up a wanted. My first car didn't have one, then I fitted one, rarely used it and took it out again. No heater in current car, and now no holes to fit one! We's ard oop north!

Stu.

shed the heater and the consequent weight

Some people seem to go on about the weight of the heater as if it was a concrete block. The current heater weighs 2.1kg of which the matrix itself is only 510g. You can save all that by not wearing quite such heavy clothing 😬

As of last year a new unit from CC cost £213. Fitting the new version needs a little work on the older cars - see here

Colin