Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Denon AV receiver remote eats batteries!

PAC

My Denon AVR 3805 remote has a backlit display, and unless the batteries are less than a week old, you can't see the text in daylight.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

I'm trying to work out if its a fault or a design problem [it's done it from new]

The remote is an RC970.

Can anyone recommend a third party programable remote? I don't realy want to spend more than £100.

Thanks

Paul

Have a look here

I use the Universal Remote Control Inc MX 700 and am incredibly happy with it, but the company has become a bit protective of its software updates.

Would not stop me buying another though You can buy them through Amazon here

Edited by - Dobuy on 10 May 2007 05:27:22

I have a Logitec Harmony 885 which I am pleased with. Can be programmed for loads of devices which is easy to do with the supplied software.

Also has a charging docking station so you'll never need to buy batteries again.

Ignore the RRP price on the Logitech website here

Gareth

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport here

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Gareth, -although the phaser is coool!

Have bought a Logitech 885 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

A most fantastic piece of kit.......

7 remote's in the cupboard collecting dust now *smokin* No more stocks of batteries!

I think remote lighting will be next on my list. Anyone recommend any remote dimmers?

Thanks

Paul

That Harmony 885 really does seem to be the DB's !!

How easy to set up and operate ?

Do you get all the functions on the remotes - there are some pretty obscure ones on my Kenwood hifi remote !

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. photos

Its easy to programme via your PC and easy to use too.

I would expect that ALL your functions can be programmed and if the button isn't on the remote there are 8 buttons (which can scroll through loads of pages) at the top which can be programmed to do what ever you want.

If you like I can have a look at setting up your Hi fi on my remote and see what it comes up with.

Gareth

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport here

Thanks again,

I looked in B&Q, but they don't seem to stock 2 Gang remote dimmers, so I've just bought a fancy matt chrome flat-plate screwless one from Varilight, -waiting for it to arrive.....

Stationary M25 Traveller

When setting-up, you tell the controller the make and model of your kit from a huge database -you can check before you buy if yours is listed by going through the 'Take a product tour for the 885'.

If your model is listed, all the commands are instantly available! As Gareth said, all the wierd commands are then accessed via a scroll menu. For ones you use a lot, you can assign a normal button to that duty.

Once you've loaded all your devices, you then run the Activity wizard which asks you what device is needed for each activity e.g. 'Watching DVD', and what modes or channels each piece of kit should be on.

It is very simple. I found once I got the basics, I could hone the program until its perfect. The Programming software is very nice.

I got mine from E-buyer £135.

My Two-yr old hasn't managed to break it yet, or set my AV amp to some wierd setting that I can't understand!!!![like she did 20minutes before the last world cup when I suddenly had no picture on my projector] *nono*

Paul