Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I have broken it! Help please!

Swiss_Tony

After 9 years with my 7 I have broken many components. I call this "destruction testing"

To be honest the car has had its fair share of abuse, I guess, including lots of trackdays a few sprints and lots of abusive launches at the drag strip (1.5 sec 60ft times) as well as thousands of road miles all around the country.

In no particular order I have broken a few clutches, gearbox(a few times), some alternators etc etc and have replaced the offending items with something which is more up to the job.

Personally I put these things down to excessive bhp/revs and general abuse.

Since these teething problems I have not had any failures for ages (read years) till today

I feel very stupid having overlooked the need to up-rate this component 😳 but since its only 18months old I felt that it would be ok for a while but hindsight is a wonderful thing

So the main point of the question is do Stack make an up-rated needle for their dash/rev counter as I have broken it in half *eek*

James

Su77on Se7ens

The official story is.................

I pulled this good looking girlie and decided that she needed impressing by my cars performance as well as mine *wink* so we went on a blat down some lovely country lanes driving flat out on the limiter most of the way. Overtaking everything in sight etc etc and generally being a hero *smokin*

After the needle of the rev counter being repeatedly banged on the stop at 10000rpm it finally broke *cry*

or the alternative story.............

I stopped at a friends house for a cuppa/chat etc and when I got in the car to leave,i put the ignition on and the rev counter does its reset thing it broke before I even started the engine *eek*

One of these is true but I am not saying which 😳

James

Su77on Se7ens

James

Given your magnetic charm it must be scenario 1 which means you've been running it up to 10k repeatedly. That means Steve's right, your engine is toast. I'll gladly swap it with mine to keep you on the road *tongue*

VX HPC - Loud and proud here

Watch out, whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly

Thanks for your kind offer ric *eek* But no *tongue*

Stack were very helpful and friendly on the phone today *thumbup* So i will post it off in the morning. Which means no car for a few days ☹️ but hopefully it will be fixed for the bank holiday weekend 😬

James

Su77on Se7ens