Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicators not working

CanAm

On my way back from the photo blat at the 5 Bells on Sunday, I realised that the indicators were not working, so it was arm over the side time on the way home.

Trying a bit of logic at home - if the indicator switch is faulty I'll try the hazard light switch instead and it was AOK.

Then, a flash of inspiration, thanks to Mick Day in Uncle Festers thread, who mentioned if the indicators don't work, give the hazard switch a good workout. Lo and behold, everything back to normal. *thumbup* Mick

Alan

In my case it was the fuse, which was made of some non-electrically conducting material cunningly disguised as metal.

Norm, if you are reading this, I had tested it with the meter, and it was giving a tiny reading on the output side but for some reason this didn't alert me 😳

Only later did it stop reading totally......though the fuse is visually 100%, it transmits zero current!

New fuse= 12.6volts output!

Madness!

I blame Satan. *eek* *tongue*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬here *eek* *eek*

Edited by - Unclefester on 17 Jan 2007 14:29:44

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks to the power of Blatchat, I was able to sole the same problem fairly quickly too. Mind you, that was after testing every fuse in the car!

A quick hammer of the hazard switch and after a strange little buzzing sound, all works OK again.

What is the weakness? Is it the switch that's dodgy?