Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series wet sump, pick up, baffle and disptick

Steve Cragg

I am in the process of building a second engine for my car from a standard VVC engine.

I was intending to transfer over the existing caterham specific bits as above but thought it worth asking whether anyone has these lying around after doing a dry sump conversion that would be prepared to sell.

Steve

Superlight #63

Sorry, went out and looked and then forgot to report 😳

I have the sump pan, pickup, baffle plate, dipstick in tube and a new gasket *thumbup*

I bought it in June because I seemed to remember that the VHPD I was selling had no sump pan .. only to find (when I uncovered it at the back of the gargae) that it was completely kitted up *confused*

I bought it in June, here on BC for £100 ... I'll sell on for the same amount *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 15 Nov 2006 17:49:49

Nifty, Let me know what you are looking for for the lot. Is the sump in reasonable nick?

Peter, Unless Nifty is looking to reture on the proceeds *tongue* I'll go with him for the sump and ancillaries. I already have an Apollo but might be interested in the Hellier sump baffle if you want to sell separately. I know there have been mixed views but I can't afford to go dry sump yet and wouldn't mind giving it a go to give a little extra protection.

Steve

Superlight #63

Guess we did 😬

Just taken a good look at the bottom of the sump pan.

The front of the fins on the lower corner are worn down to the level of the rest of the metal .. but then they are on the one fitted to my car. Otherwise it appears fine, no cracks or obvious frontal blows, just the usual wear as it slides on the tarmac.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty,

Is it possible to get a photo of bottom of the sump pan so I can see the extent of the damage to the fins? I'll blatmail you so you have an address to send a photo to if it is possible.

I'm not in any rush so I'm sure we can sort something out on delivery.

Steve

Superlight #63