Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Championship Awards Lunch & Tech Forum

Mark Durrant

Having spoken to a few of you in the paddock the general concensus was that the venue should be in the midlands, motorsport orientated and preferably with something of interest such as a museum. Although the Heritage Car Centre was excellent it was felt that a different venue would be preferred this year and whilst the collection is very good to return within 12 months was too soon. I have made some enquiries and after a bit of haggling, intial prioce quoted was £55 I have agreed a rate with the Donington Grand Prix Collection of £46 per head. Now I realise that this is more expensive than last year but it includes tea & coffee, a three course lunch and entry to the collection (normally £7).

So before I go ahead and book the venue I need some indication that your happy with this and bearing in mind how much we spend on our cars each year I do not think this is too expensive. We need 50 people for this event to happen so if I can have either a *thumbup* or *thumbdown* with an indication of how many will be attending it would be much appreciated. The provisional date is Sunday 19 November and details of the venue can be found here.

I need to confirm the booking next week so an early response would be appreciated. Booking forms will appear on line and be in Novembers Lowflying.

Details on the topics for the Tech Forum (not on this thread please) will follow once I have booked the venue etc.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - mark durrant on 28 Sep 2006 09:13:01