Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cracked Inlet Manifold 1.4 K SS

Chris Norman

Have had some problems with eratic tickover so was having a look to see if there was anything lose or obvious air leaks and noticed that the inlet manifold is cracked, first crack is around the front/top bolt holding manifold to the head, second crack appears to be running down the manifold on number 2 cylinder inlet. The second crak could be letting air in.

Not sure what to do *confused*, is the manifold a CC part or Rover ?- it is the piece that attachs to the head and has the injectors (blue bodies) in it ,and is alloy not plastic

Car is 1.4 SS with low port head

Thanks

Chris

Wow! 3 replies in 7 minutes, took me longer to find the torch in the garage 😬 😬

Part is the alloy manifold below the black piece that has SS written on it (forward facing) so that may make it a standard Rover bit - sorry explanation of the component are not too great.

Thanks

Chris

edited typo's

Edited by - Chris Norman on 5 Sep 2006 22:50:45

Looks like a replacement is going to be expensive at around £200 😳 😳

So a secondhand would be nice *wink* *wink*, anyone upgraded and have one lying around?

Alternatively what would people suggest if I was to wander down the upgraditus path, chuck out the 1400 and replace with a 1800? (Not sure if I would need the inlet manifold even if upgrading) *confused* *confused*

Chris

Edited : Sorry David, forgot to thank you for the Redline advice *thumbup* *thumbup*

Edited by - Chris Norman on 6 Sep 2006 12:14:47

Tony

There you go the ideal upgrade path has suddenly opened. *wink*

You sell your inlet , manifold to Chris and upgrade your car to Jenvey's.

Everyone's happy and you could even show SWMBO your (Chris's) cracked manifold as further justification for the upgrade. 😬 😬

Bozz

McLaren Orange and Black 1.6SS 6 Speed here