Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Saturday 16 September - BBQ at the McFarlanes

Mark Durrant

As mentioned at Curborough on Sunday the McFarlane's have kindly invited everyone competing at Harewood on Sunday 17 September to a BBQ at their home in Netherton, Near Wakefield on the Saturday evening. In addition, for those hardy soles who can tolerate the Yorkshire climate you can also pitch your tent in their back garden. I will be living up to my 'Gucci Boy' nick name and staying in a B&B 😳

Their home is a mere 38 minutes from Harewood (I hope this is not calculated with Dave at the wheel) so it makes a convenient stop over *thumbup*

In order that they can make the necessary arrangements please can you either post on here or give Kaspar or Dave a call to let them know if your coming including if your going to camp. Contact details are as follows:

31 Brookfields, Netherton, Wakefield WF4 4NJ 01924 274515

Kaspar: 07767664857, Dave Mobile: 07884432125

Directions

From South – leave M1 at J38 signposted Huddersfield, go straight on over first roundabout, through village to second roundabout, continue straight on and take first right opposite Black Bull pub. Continue through village of Netherton to Star Inn – turn right down South Lane then first right – Glenfields. At the T junction turn left then right immediately. We are at the top of the cul-de-sac.

From North – leave M1 at J39 and turn right towards Denby Dale (A636). Go through a small village and turn right at the British Oak pub (about 1 mile) continue up a windy country lane and at T juntion in Netherton village turn left. Go up the hill to the Star Inn on the left, turn left into South Lane and follow directions as above. DO NOT TAKE THIS ROUTE WITH A TRAILER continue up the road from the British Oak to the roundabout, turn right and follow directions above from the Black Bull.

See you there *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - mark durrant on 15 Sep 2006 07:52:54

Kaspar/Dave - Fiona and I would be very pleased to attend as last year. Perhaps Jez can bring us a video this year of "THE TROPHY ROOM" 😬

Fiona and I are stying with Gucci Boy 😬 😬 😬 😬

Well she made me do it. She didn't fancy the back of the Landy *eek* air beds and all that.

Thanks again Dave and Kaspar

Callum and I will be there for the food and camping in the Garden (Neil its a nice flat lawn not like Loton 😬 😬 😬)

Mark, Dave's calculation is at normal speeds, we did it last year and its fine *thumbup* *thumbup*

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

I will be there as well - many thanks the McFarlanes. I am too old to go camping in Yorkshire so I will be joining the nancy southern boys in a B&B *wink* *wink*

I also need to check out the secrets of making a xflow go so quickly - but not like it did on the last run on Sunday at Curborough ☹️ ☹️

Thanks again

Mike

Yes, I would also like to accept the invitation, plus camping - (I impulse-purchased a '2 second' tent recently so I must try it out - putting it up is a genuine spectator event, and probably made better with added alcohol!)

Thanks

Paul Collins

(also keen for shared crossflow wisdom - though I suspect Dave's driving advice might be of more value!)

Update - Kaspar still has some space available for those stopping overnight but it is limited so please ensure you let him know your requirements. Also there is only limited space for those with trailers so please check again or drop the trailer at Harewood first where there is a security presence *thumbup*

He would also be grateful if you could confirm who is coming to the BBQ *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Just to confirm what we said to Dave at Curborough:Thanks for the kind invitation but Kipper and I will not be camping and will not be at the BBQ.

After a long day at Cadwell and the drive up to Harewood I am looking forward to lazing in a nice hot bath followed by a good night's sleep in a bed.

Mrs K

• 2 weeks later...