Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling AMMO and a Thank you!

caterhamnut

Ammo - ignore my email about delivery on Thursday, your very nice exhaust has just arrived safe and sound, a day earlier than I expected! *thumbup* 😬

Stunning bit of kit, amazingly light. I borrowed a raceco can and 4-2-1 pipes from Mark Durrant *thumbup*for a few weeks after we finished our rebuild, and was amazed at the increase in torque compared with the old SL exhaust we had before - much nicer, deeper noise as well.

It is way more expensive than other options, certainly, but teh quality of the workmanship is second to none, and I know it will last. Thanks Ammo - I ordered this last week, when Mick was in Le Mans, but it has still been fabricated and delivered in less than a week *thumbup* I'll take some pics later - it really is a work of art!

www.mycaterham.com

here

91,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Hi Angus

I'll pass on your thanks to Mike Riley in case he doesn't read this.

Glad you are happy with the product and the service.

I took a long time designing and developing the silencer. Mike originally made five different prototypes for me and there was a lot of going backwards and forwards between Suffolk and Derbyshire to get the finished product right. I also ran one on my car for about a year / 10.000 miles to see how they would last. Mike makes an excellent job of manufacturing the silencers for Raceco. If you see the quality of the other work he does you will probably think he is over-qualified to make something as mundane as a silencer.

I designed a silencer that I would have liked to buy as there was nothing that met my criteria of looks, sound, flow etc. The silencers are made to a specification and not to a price. I have tried to keep them affordable but in the last year stainless, titanium, labour and transport costs have gone up quite a bit. So far I have absorbed the increases in cost but that cannot go on forever.

thanks for the plug. *thumbup* I'm happy that you are happy.

AMMO

*thumbup*No problem Ammo - always happy to shout about good service! I had a quick look at the detail before I dashed out of the house this morning - beautiful welding etc - detail pics to follow! Just got to polish the primaries to match it now - any tips?

www.mycaterham.com

here

Angus,

Chris Wheeler told me he would take my pipe round to a chrome platers to run through the buffing wheels. He reckons it only takes 5 mins to do a whole system.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX - only the car supports ManU, honest!

see here - UPDATED

Hi Tom, your car looks great !

Polishing pipes at a chromer is pretty swift process, just had mine re-done after the rollers.

All, the RaceCo can may be slightly more expensive but the quality is amazing and disproportionate to the slightly higher cost to other products that in my view are significantly heavier, noisier and not as well made.

Out of interest, for those that go the RaceCo can route, what do you do for the rest of the system?

I'm about to go Powerspeed because I wanted a complete system with the ability to put the cat back on, but must admit the RaceCo can looks very nice.

Jonathan

Metal Mickey - you are an artist 😬 *thumbup*

Jonathan - I bought Mark Durrants primaries, which were caterham ones with a few tweaks, lambda plug, and a bigger chopped pipe ( I think) after the colllector - and its a 4-2-1 - I really noticed the improvement in performance.

I did look at alternatives - to be honest I am treating it as an investment. The quality is superb, the finish will last (titanium!) , I can keep my existing hole in the side skin, get new primaries easily from caterham if I need to etc etc I am not a fan of the cut-out teh powerspeed system requires, although I appreciate it is very good value as a system.

www.mycaterham.com

here

My turn to confess .. I have been known to blip a throttle or two in my time, or drop a cog under a bridge .. or film myself and a DB7 playing engine tunes in the Dartford Concert Hall *tongue* 😬 😬

Am I doubly sad because I blip the throttle on a Cummins V8 diesel 🤔 😳

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

I apologise for my error .. that actually has a Cummins straight six in it

I do get a wastegate hiss out of my Land Rover too .. I have considered getting one of those MaxPower noisey wasetgates just to take the p155 *tongue*

It'd go nicely with the horn *thumbup* 😬

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

I wonder if Mike Riley (metal mickey) would do a tour of his shop when he's got something interesting in. Proceeds to the charity of his choice.

I've been there, seen what he does and for a £10 a go you will not be dissapointed.

Just a thought.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven to The French Blatting Company Limited