Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Shimano XT thumb shifters

Andrew Dent

I am looking for 1 (2 would be great) pair(s) of old school Shimano XT thumb shifters for my new bikes. Quite happy to pay a decent price and a donation to NTL. Dont like the rapid fire stuff.

Thanks

I dont care who's it is, It's floating

Hi

Ebay has worked for me in the past - I've managed to pick up a couple of sets of XT shifters over the last year ( as well as some Suntour XC pro ones).

As an alternative (and if you can get them)seriously consider the later Campagnolo Thumbshifters (small black not the large grey ones). They are lighter and shift really well with Shimano 7 or 8 speed.

Chris

I now have 2 pairs of thumb shifters from E-bay. Both will be on new bikes by next weekend. Thanks to all for info/contributions.

Iain, E-Bay could be a good source to sell them. Rare as rocking horse poo.

I dont care who's it is, It's floating

Hmm - there's a 1995 mtb in our shed - only the second one in our town at the time...

Got some pre-index Suntour Mountech shifters, Dia Compe brake levers and various-other bits and bobs (mostly more recent vintage as I broke things and upgraded...)

I *was* going to skip it (if I could ever get to the back of the shed...) Worth trying e-bay I suppose.

My father has also got a rusting Falcon road-bike (approx 20+ years old) with Shimano Crane kit on it... Mmmm *tongue*

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com