Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-Series Engine choice??

Flood

Hi

If you were buying a new Caterham kit would you buy the K-series engine, bearing in mind the currect state of Rover??

I suppose another option is a Duratec but how much work is involved in making it fit into a Caterham Roadsport? This is to be my first build so I am not the most experienced *confused*

Many Thanks

Flood

Do the following simple exercise count home many rovers you spot on the way to work.

There is going to be plenty of spares going to be made for those folk so a caterham with a K ain't going to be an issue. Also think how many non rover bits you can buy for a K cams, pistons, conrods, cranks, etc and so on.

Sod the heater wheres my shades

I have just completed an SV with the 140 K series, my first. I had very little trouble overall, the kit was only missing 2 small items the instruction are very clear, overall very easy to build, the engine suits the car and no problem with the SVA. If you go the Duratec route (and I think its something worth considering) you will obviously have more to do in sourcing compatible units/parts and potentially more hassle building and getting through SVA. The choice depends upon your own confidence and perhaps how long you think you will keep the car; a standard Caterham should be easier to sell. ( Although a Duratec engined Caterham may be standard before long )

EHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Do I see another N.I. potential member.

Sergeant Lyons will be most agrieved... be prepared for the onslaught Private Flood 😬

Seriously.... great to have you onboard. We are normally at weekend build sessions. Feel absolutely free to contact us for an information overload session.

Emerald Isle's 1st SV 148lbft @ 6091rpm/182bhp @ 6690rpm engineered for low revs

Just need to decide on colour and options now. [

Dare I suggest if you're in N.I. that you go for the full weather package (heater, roof etc). Would strongly recommend you get an apollo tank fitted. If you've got cash to spare, an LSD and big brake kit would also be good moves *thumbup*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1400 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings *smile*

Timbo

Thanks for the offer. I have been in touch with Johnty who has already been very helpful. Wouldnt mind seeing some of the cars though if anyone is available??

Just dying to get the order placed. Then a 3 month wait for the kit!!!!

Flood

Batteredoldsupersport...........................NEVER!!!! *wink*

Give me a shout anytime. I'll be finishing JJ's car off this weekend.

Emerald Isle's 1st SV 148lbft @ 6091rpm/182bhp @ 6690rpm engineered for low revs

Just pop down on Saturday afternoon to my place. I'll take you a scalp in the SV. Just let me know your coming on 07801364976. I'm on the Belfast Road in Lurgan.