Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Had a go in the wet.

Michael Scholtz

I had a blat in the wet today .

It was educational.

I don't have a weater kit and some of the other riders with weater kit was not much better of than me.

My biggest problem, appart from the water. was how to keep it off the inside of the wind shield. Appart from the towel I ended up using.

I was just wondering if there is a simple way to rig up a seccond wiper to the inside of the windshield.

However I am not planning another run in the wet anywhere soon. the only dry spot in the car was that little bit of space between the rev counter and the peice of glass that covers it.

Birkin S3 Installing a Toyota 20v 4AGE motor.

I must, I must, improve my thrust !

I found a rubber ice / windsreen scraper good.

Better to ditch the screen for an aero and wear a helmet.

For full weird affect you can get one of those whirrly propellor rain deflector things (fit on helmet) that some racers use. Apparently they work.

Not seen one for ages though.

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

My racing info site

here

My first 500 miles were through various thunderstorms! I have the aeroscreen and no weather kit at all, but was fine with a full helmet (just crack it open slightly if you get condensation) and, crucially, an electrically heated waistcoat. If you keep moving over 50mph, you can stay dry for almost an hour, but then finally water runs down the back of the seat and collects.

See http://www.giali.co.uk/ - have used the gloves on my motorbike for years.

pop along to Halfrauds and get some of their 'Rain-off' stuff.... excellent I often drive through rain without using the windscreen wipers at all.....

Do you even have doors?

I have just driven back from Les Arcs in the seven, and had the joy of rain all the way but refused to put the roof up, fool I am, the rain-off even avoided the need of the cloth..... *smile* but with doors it only gets really bad in a cloud burst or when there are lots of lorries and heaps of standing water...

Good luck

David

*smile*

GF04RCE is built running and on the road.... every day is a Caterham day!!!! He heee!!... pictures here , I am as excited as an excited thing.....