Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Minno Height with High Level Tyre Rack

BHP Fibber

Just been and checked. 1.75m on the wheels.

If you use the jockey wheel to lift the front wheels off the ground for more manouverability then it'll be more but if your garage is low you can lower it back down and then it's 1.75m to the top of the rack (no tyres on the rack of course).

I have recently bougth a Minno shuttle- my garage is extra short, and they did me a folding towpole (pivots around the front of the trailer floor), so if you want to save some length check this out- a cracking job by the way- excellent product and service- the whole thing fits inside my 13' garage easily

Its arrived! R400 KJY- still running in and struggling to stay under 5k rpm..too tempting!

• 2 months later...

Err, sorry for waking a somewhat old thread, but better than a new one!

I have a tyre rack on my current A-series, and it's way higher than it needs to be. Is the same true of the Minno + standard ride height Cat? BJ have offered to do me a lower tyre rack, but I'm not sure how much shorter the legs can be - has anyone got any good pics?

Putting all 8 tyres on my current rack costs 15% extra diesel and is very noticeable!

Also, surely the disadvantage of a caravan park is leaving your car 5 minutes away, and the security?

The 'low tyre rack' that BJ offer is the one that is fitted to the A-series. The main downside is that it shortens the length of the trailer slightly (but a Caterham still fits). The upside is that it is much cheaper!!!

Box in the pic is extra.

here.

Charles

---

My Roadsports B 2005 diary

My Caterham Academy 2004 build and race diary

The 'low tyre rack' that BJ offer is the one that is fitted to the A-series. The main downside is that it shortens the length of the trailer slightly (but a Caterham still fits). The upside is that it is much cheaper!!!

Box in the pic is extra.

here.

Charles

---

My Roadsports B 2005 diary

My Caterham Academy 2004 build and race diary

Thanks Alan - that pic is almost perfect. The "you need to check bit" - that's what I'm trying to do *smile*! From your pic, it looks like 6 inches could come off quite safely? The tyres on the rack protude down a few inches.

Edited by - dannylt on 21 Jan 2005 08:55:55

Danny, I'd have thought it would not be a problem to reduce the height of the tyrerack by 6". I won't be getting my car back for a couple of weeks but I could measure from the trailer floor to the bottom of the tyre rack if that is any good. Then by taking away the height to your car to top of the lights should give you a region in which the tyre rack can be reduced.