Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood in 2005

GTD

Yes it's expensive and I'm actually looking into this at the moment

A 105db day on the weekend is possible, however it is possible to get more than 5 cars on the track at anyone time by noise testing everyone when they turn up in the morning and then arranging the sessions to suit ourself depending on how noisey peoples cars are.

However if we did it this way Goodwood recommend a max of 25 cars taking part on the track day to enable people to get a decent amount of track time. It would be a high entry fee also..£200-230ish

Would people still be up for it 🤔

Geoff *smile*

I'd certainly be up for it - though I am spending some cash this autumn getting the car back below 98dbs so that I can get out onto Goodwood as my local circuit again.

I did do a 105dbs Test day at Goodwood last February (750 Motor Club) and even with that limit, and having been tested in the morning at 103 dbs, a few of us were asked to miss the last session due to local complaints. (As a relative local, I feel like complaining that I cannot hear the cars!)

Noger - it was fairly lonely out on the track with just 5 cars at a time!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Edited by - GTD on 22 Oct 2004 13:17:13

This seems quite promising - however I think that the price will be nearer 230 unless I can sort a deal out with the circuit.

I'll look into it....

BTW any other circuits that you fancy doing in 2005, let me know.

We'll do Oulton Park, Cadwell (probably twice) and Brands Hatch GP again, Mallory Park was a bit of a surprise this week and seemed to go down well so also could be worth a trip back...

Don't forget our annual Le Sept between the 10th and 17th July taking in french track days at Magny Cours, Mas du Clos and Val de Vienne. Contact me via my profile for further details.....

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 25 Oct 2004 11:24:36

Donnington could be a possibility and it would be a 105db day too....It'll be a while yet before I know more...probably March next year before I hear back from the circuit...

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 25 Oct 2004 13:58:23