Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec parts

AMMO

Just to let you Duratec fans know about the availability of new products.

Forged Omega pistons are now available. These fit both the 2 litre and 2.3. The dome can be machined to vary compression ratio. The have generous valve pockets so high lift cams are not a problem. They retain the stock rings and have floating 21 mm pins.

Arrow rods for the 2 litre are now available with 2.3 rods to follow in six weeks.

ARP head and main studs are also now in stock. ARP rod bolts for stock rods and flywheel bolts have been available for some time. Still waiting for a front pulley bolt to be manufactured.

Camshafts are available in five different profiles from a mild 260 degree duration to a wild 300 degrees. More profiles will become available in time.

The situation will only become better as more tuners adopt the Duratec. More parts and options will be available to the end user. The top tuners all seem to be using the same parts. It is nice to see good collaboration between tuners and suppliers. To my knowledge there is nobody making a bad Duratec out there. It would be very difficult to screw up a Duratec as it is such a fantastic engine to start with.

My car has still not turned a wheel. Work seems to be getting in the way! I have a holiday booked for August. Will be taking my 13 year old son for a trip. Must be ready for then. Last year I MOT'ed the car late Friday night and left early Saturday morning. Everything was left to the last minute. Hopefully this year will be different (but I doubt it).

My winter upgrade (typical, haven't driven it yet and already thinking of upgrades!) may consist of hairier cams, pistons and rods. The head is already fully ported. All these mods can be done with the engine in situ. The only reason I'm thinking of this is that I recently sold a 2.3 to Luke Beaumont. I only have a 2 litre and am getting an inferiority complex. *confused*

AMMO

Come on Ammo you went for the 2.0l on purpose just so that you would have an excuse to start all over again once it was finished..... *smile*

David *smile*

GF04RCE is built running and on the road.... every day is a Caterham day!!!! He heee!!... pictures here , I am as excited as an excited thing.....

SNAP!

That's what could happen to your stock rod if you rev it too much! 😬

The stock Duratec rod is very nice but I wouldn't trust it over about 110 bhp / litre. Arrow rods are the best insurance known to man. The best made rod I have ever seen. In combination with an Omega piston a big horsepower Duratec should be 100% reliable. I've been using Arrow / Carrillo and Omega / Cosworth for years, since about 1984, in race engines and never had a single failure. Allows me to sleep like a baby at night.

David

Unfortunately you are probably right.

AMMO

Graham

I know, I know. I do a few hours every day on my own car. Getting closer all the time.

Today I will be mainly building Zetecs! Might get a few hours in tonight.

Still need to sort hydraulic clutch master cylinder, fuel system, ECU loom (what a pain!), alternator bracket (the Raceline one doesn't fit as I have an odd chassis and the engine mounts get in the way), airbox etc. etc. etc.

I'll let you have a go once back on the road. I may convert you yet from your old chopstick engine 😬

AMMO

Mic

I need my beauty sleep 😬

Anyway when I say I sleep like a baby, I wake up with wet pants screaming every two hours. No wonder I'm knackered during the day 😬

AMMO

Phil

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You ain't exactly no oil painting yourself 😬

This is supposed to be Tech Talk ferchrissakes! We seem to have degenerated once again in to name calling. Great fun ain't it. 😬

AMMO

is the soft cut easy to modify in the ecu ?

cos i would love to try my car on a track revving up to 8k.... only once or twice to see how much better it feels. Its not the horses I want ... rather, the crazy "you are about to die" revvyness *eek*