Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MOT Failure/Really Bad Day

Martin Moxon

MOT Yesterday - failed on side repeaters on cycle wings not working. ☹️

Tried new bulbs etc but to no avail. Any ideas as to where the problem might lie. Trouble is 'cos you can't really see them in the car I wasn't aware they weren't working.

To top it all I'm a York City supporter and we lost at home to Yeovil last night - we've now taken 4 points out of 51, not won for 17 games, and are destined for relegation. ☹️ ☹️

Martin Moxon

Not the Cricketer

[get coat]

If it makes you feel any better, I passed my MOT last week and Swindon are in the play-offs for Div 1 😬

[/get coat]

Seriously though, I'd check the earth too - I needed to fiddle around with this at a petrol station en route to MOT *smile*

Just looked at Div 3 table and you can still escape! Mind you, away to Doncaster.

Edited by - Ferrino on 21 Apr 2004 22:46:23

Martin

Put a meter lead on the repeater +ve in the bulb holder and the other lead to the chassis. Do you get +12v with the hazard switch ON? (The +12v will pulse ON & OFF with the other indicators.)

If yes, you have a bad earth to the bulb holder. If no, you have a break in the power lead to the repeater.

It's curious that BOTH repeaters are not working. I assume they did work at one time? ie: are they actually connected?

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

Had my MOT yesterday - happily it passed

But just before I went I did the usual light test and found exactly the same - both wing indic. not working.

Changed bulbs - nowt

Grabbed the wires under the wing and wiggled them a bit and hey presto lights working again 😬

So off to the MOT station for cuppa tea and chat about the BDG the guy looks after that has just gone bang in a big way.

Finished cuppa and got the MOT cert. 😬

Regards

MarkC 😬