Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerspeed

Taff

I've been reading archive threads about exhaust upgrades with great interest. The Powerspeed option seems to be the best value for money, but some of the earlier threads suggest a worrying lack of quality.

How did everyone who participated get on with the bulk buy organised through Powerspeed? It would be nice to get some reassurance before placing an order!

P.S - Had my first experience of the R500 last weekend. Hot lap at the 'Ring' of all places and my legs are still shaking!!

I was part of the powerspeed bulk buy and am very happy with the quality and service *thumbup*

However one word of caution. I had Powerspeed courier the exhaust to me and I fitted it myself (i.e it was built on a jig not on my car). I had problems with a down pipe touching a chassis rail. Anyway to cut a long story short Dave ended up making me a new down pipe and refitting the system for me. So my advice is to get Dave to fit the system for you (if practical) rather and get a jig made system.

I had the full Powerspeed exhaust fitted to my 1.6K SS in March, and have done about 7000 miles since. Still going strong, it's removed the sudden onset of power at about 4600 rpm (it's good throughout the range now), and I have no complaints about the quality or service. Recommended.