Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dog in the park !!!!

Peter T

I must say that after a fairly long and worthwhile wait, the moment has arrived, my nice shiny , smooooooooth, Carbon Nosecone had been delivered by the tooth fairy 😬 😬

Well, some might describe him that way *eek*

My first initial reports are..........................

Absolutely the dogs danglers.

Quality is bar none.

Certainly something to admire, seems such a shame to put on the front of the car so as stones can pepper the sh*t out of it.

Nice product Arnie *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Founder Member of The Twisted Prop Club.

Nahhhhh, will only last as long as what day of the week it is 😳 😳

Anyway, my gearbox that has done about the same milage is even worse condition *mad*

Anyone want to swap my six speed box for a clumsy five speeder ??

Actually, i am getting fed up of pouring pots of money into my unreliable 7, at this rate i'll end up buying a 1.4 K *eek* *eek*

No, no, no, no,

Then i woke up!!!!!

Remind me not to drink Whisky ☹️ ☹️

Mine's fabulous too. I had to take a little off the corners around the front of the lower wishbones and fit the Dzus fastners but it has resulted in a tighter fit than the prev "original" one.

In fact, I swear I will never be involved in painting carbon fibre for the rest of my life. I just love the sexy weave.

I know I'm sad but I don't care for opposing opinions.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Rob, have you bought a Dog nose too?

I've got all the cutting equipment. If you're free one evening or the weekend and fancy a bit of a blat North, I'd be pleased to do it for you. In addition, if you can find a bit of ali I'll make that bracket I promised. I really can't find the 4U rack front I used to have.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

I have not fitted mine yet !

Still have to put the engine and box, LSD, fuel tank in first. *confused*

Then can it be fitted, it compliments my new small black lights nicely *cool*.

best way to cut carbon is with a Dremell, makes nice clean cuts, but wear a mask as Carbon particles play havoc with your lungs !!

V7 - yes I did, to finally replace my damaged one (cone at 80 mph on an airfield) from 2 years ago...also picked up a damaged rear wing of the dog for a pittance *thumbup*

might take you up on your offer, let me consult the diary organiser when I can get out *wink*

rob *smile*

Glad the wheels are OK David. Sorry we never got to meet when you collected them.

Using a small drill bit, I stitch-drilled the shape I wanted then cut through them with an electric jigsaw. Finished it all off by holding the nose against a spiraband on a bench drill.

Forgot to add, fitting the Dzus fastners was the hardest part but by leaning on the nose against the car, I got it to fit nice and snug against the car. The Dzus fasters all tighten very satisfactorily and the nose doesn't rattle at all when in place.

I wouldn't try it, but the stiffness of the nose invites comments like "you could probably stand on it" etc... It really does feel like a quality item.

Anyone painting theirs?

David - sorry for the confusion, I was too interested in the ferrari rather than names 😳

I was thinking of painting, but now I am not as the quality of the finished article is amazing, might consider amourfend tho *thumbup*

on the other hand I will have to get the 7 grill painted nice and bright *cool*

rob *thumbup*

Rob, Arnie's right. The rear wings I've had on all through the Italy tour polish up like new despite being pinged and banged by all known sorts of road debris. The nose will never get hit by enything like as much "envirinment" as the rear wings.

Shan't be painting mine. Looks the Dog's... er... pardon me Mr Dog. *tongue*

sorry was meaning the nose cone, to get it looking shiny new, and I am just basing my expereince ont he large number of chips (admittedetly into the paint) on my current nose (cf, although I have the tart band showing the cf the rest is painted)

I have run my rears (cf) with no amourfend since new *thumbup*

rob

I know you meant the nose... so I was pointing out that the rear wings, which get far more abuse through stones and half house bricks (I kid you not), are still undamaged. Therefore you don't need armourfend on your nose (unless you paint it).