Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Poor bonnet fitting around nose cone

Grubbster

Having just completed my roadsport, I was really disappointed with the way the bonnet fits (or doesn't) around the nosecone. There are big gaps at either side and it lifts slightly in the middle at the top.

I didn't fancy trying to bend it myself, so I put it on the list for Caterham to do on the PBC (I took it over today). When I mentioned it, I was told that they changed suppliers of nose cones recently and have had some problems - they may be able to bend it a bit, or remove the foam strips along the edges of the chassis where the bonnet sits as this may help.

I looked at many other cars today and noticed that some are much better than others in this area.

Has anyone else ever tried to resolve this or heard about the nose cone problems? Or maybe developed a fix? I am just quite concerned that having taken so much care over building the car it may look poor because of this. *confused*

See some photo's of the build here

In Dartford - waiting SVA!

Looks lovely in this pic. If only mine fitted this well.

Nice car. I used to think Silver looked boring but I now think it is one of the cleanest looking colours. Makes it look sort of futuristic. My Scoob's silver and I have to report that it doesn't need cleaning as often as other colours I've tried. *thumbup*

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Edited by - V7 SLR on 28 Sep 2003 00:09:32

The colour is Titanium Silver - one of Caterhams standards. I don't know why there aren't more around, I really like it. I was going to have a solid red (to save money) but the missus wanted a metallic so we went for this. I didn't want to pay extra for black pack either, so I had to pick a colour that worked with the chrome. The black windscreen surround was a mistake by Caterham - they fitted the wrong one but I forgave them and said they could leave it! It works really well I think. *thumbup*

I'm looking forward to meeting a few other enthusiasts and intend to go to the meets. Only problem is that I normally work away from home during the weeks, so I'll need to keep an eye out for the weekend get togethers.

Nice pics and great colour.

My SV is titanium silver with chrome and much complimented on the coulour it is too. I can recommend painting the wheel spokes black/anthracite though-really sets it off. I'll mail you some pics if you like.

Bruce