Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6k supersport for sale - ukp10700

woodster

Buying a superlight so need to sell the supersport (wife not letting me keep both - bitch).

Metallic blue 1.6k supersport (135bhp), cycle wings, competition exhaust, leather seats, full weather gear including tonneau, quick release momo steering wheel, yokoAO32Rs, 4 point harnesses and of course a red starter button. Mileage relatively high at 46k (previous owner used it as his primary car), but in good condition. Can e-mail pics.

Located in Wiltshire. call home 01980 635042, mob 07703470072

Asking price UKP 10 700.

I can endorse this car having driven it at Castle Combe and Wroughton Airfield. Ferrari 360 Modena given a particularly rough time at the latter 😬

Would be a brilliant first 7 for a Newbie or for someone with an older Super Sprint trying to decide whether or not to spend more on the old car or buy something newer. Decisions, decisions *confused*

This was my 1st 7.

I used it for every day and a lot of the miles were done on the motorway.

The car was built by Simon Wheeler ( Foggy in Chris Rees book page112)

It had been serviced by Simon at all the correct intervals and much loved.

If I had not just bought a SL i would have bought it back.

Steve,

I am a complete biff on computers, but have copied the site thingy from the do-da at the top of the jobby-me-whatsit, hopefully it might help..

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/detail.asp?i=13821&sc=KROA&s=39

If it doesn't work ,e-mail me on guyandgayle@gwoodandfraser.fsnet.co.uk and I will e-mail some pics directly to you

All the best

Woody

Woody

Hi Clive,

been busy fighting wars, and am off again soon to Sierra Leone in a couple of months!! Busy boys us people in the forces. Are you still living near Pompei? I will be picking up my SL on Sat/ Sun (weather dependant) and will be staying in Emsworth, do you fancy meeting up for a blast?

All the best

Woody

Guy,

Is CSKIP, Clive who we did Wroughton with? If so that's really spooky, cos I downloaded pictures of CSKIP last year which have effectively been my model for SEPP.

Eeeh, it's a small world, does he fancy a trip to Elvington. Which by the way I need to add the details of your car to, reg, colour and BHP to the BaT site.

Anyone else care to join us?

Bri

By the way I've just read your last post in full. You don't half talk B****cks sometimes. Apart from the odd conflict your military life is one series of Jollies and don't deny it. Still, fairplay!

Edited by - Tyrone on 30 Sep 2003 23:16:39

Wroughton...Them where the days. Did Castle Coombe on Monday with BaT, absolutely wicked! 😬

I did presume that you where off with the forces. But fighting? Are you sure?? *biggrin*

Send me an email I may be able to go for a Blat over the weekend (clive@cskip.co.uk)

Skip.

West Hants Luddite

See CSKIP here

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Woody,

I phoned you about 4/5 weeks ago regarding your car and said I'd try to make an appointment to come and see it; assuming 'er in doors could be persuaded! The job's done and she's quite keen.

I have a week off from 17th - 21st November and would quite like to come and see it, if it's still available. Perhaps you can let me know if 17th, 18th or 20th would suit you. *smile*

Also, before I actually fix a date with you, can you fill me in a bit more on the car and it's condition. Given that it's done over 40,000 miles, are there any rattles, clunks etc which will need to be done. I'm thinking particularly about suspension and roll bar bushes, clutch, timing belt, oil seals, diff, shock absorbers, prop shaft U/Js, half shaft U/js and the like?

I have driven another 1.6 K ss, with 33,000 miles and the 5 speed box was a bit noisy. Sounded possibly like layshaft barings.

You mentioned that the previous owner used it as his every day car; has the chassis been repainted to keep the rust at bay. Has it ever been repaired?

Finally, what is the service history, I assume you use a fully synthetic or semi-synthetic engine oil and change it regularly?

Sorry for the inquisition, only ask because it will hopefully put it all into perspective. The photos look good!

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Doug

(based in Chipping Norton, Oxon)

Hi Doug,

answers to your questions:

I am in the USA until 19 Nov so can only meet up on the 20th unless yuo want to do it earlier

The car is in good condition, there is some surface rusting on the front cross members and A frame, which is commensurate with the 47K miles, although all it needs is a sanding down / primer/ hammerite paint job

The mechanicals on the car are still very sound, with no problems encountered apart from a loose clutch cable a few weeks back, which is now sorted. The gearbox isn't in the least bit noisy (it's a 5 speed evoness)

As for oils I have used fully sythetic and have changed the oil twice in 6k miles.

any other questions fire away, I know having just bought a superlight how important getting to know the history of a car is.

give me a call on 07703 470072 or 01980 635042 (any time up until 11 pm is fine)

all the best, Woody

right, more questions it is then! 😬

when / why did you get it resprayed? (it certainly looks great though!)

and any piccies from before the respray?

Edited by - adbett on 29 Oct 2003 02:00:09

I got the car reprayed as it was well chipped on the rear arches and along the side skins, it had done 41k when I bought the car. I got the respray done straight on buying the car so I don't have any pics pre spray, however David 1664 (still a blatchat member) was the cars first owner and so he may be able to help out.

All the best

Woody

• 3 weeks later...