• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aves,

"Arnie is putting his back together soon"

You clearly know something I don't.

April at the earliest.......

Dave's car would make a nice winter runaround. £35k for a live axle seems more expensive than the live axle cars on Caterham's website though....... 😬 😬

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

"I think 290bhp is probably realistic.....not pub talk mind.

Home of BDR700"

425Kg

I see you figures are like caterams *eek* , should it not be BDR682 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

I'll get me coat 😬

Buy the way have you got any vid's of the car running 1/4's, I'd like to see that. *cool*

Hello Dave,its about time I replied to you!!

Your not going to let me get away with running in the 9s by myself, once ive repiared the wee beastie tucked away in my garage?

A little more paitents is needed.

I know you feel like you've gone three steps back recently,but once you've found that 60ft traction,believe you me,it will put the grin factor back into the equation! I know this all too well!!!!

So Dave,DO NOT SELL THE CAR,otherwise you will always be sitting at home twiddling your thumbs,wondering......

I'm prepared to sell the complete engine and all ancillaries including manifold/clutch/bellhousing/Motec M4 professional, plus the new Elite box with powershift, linkage, slider prop etc for £20k if anyone's interested.

If not i'll look to get the car into a road going state and SVA it.

Home of BDR700

If engine and box are sold separately then the complete rolling chassis will be available for £15k. This will be the lightest rolling chassis in existence and may well suit a bike installation so as to become the lightest Caterham bar none. Highlights include fully rose jointed wide track front suspension, £1500 worth of aluminium double adjustable Koni shocks all round, 10.5 inch AP front discs with AP 4 pot calipers, 9.5 inch motorcylce rear discs with AP 2 pot calipers, box section strengthened English axle with gundrilled group 4 Atlas shafts and choice of alloy diffs, fully adjustable rear suspension, carbon nose/arches/seat/dash, MBR split rim magnesium wheels with ACB10's, ATL tank, alloy rack/hubs etc etc.

I can be contacted on david@edmands.fsbusiness.co.uk Tel 07767 457359

Home of BDR700

• 1 month later...

Ken,

I've decided to dyno the bdx engine on HTR's new Superflow in a couple of weeks time. I'll at the same time fit Elite's new box (I may also fit an airshifter) I'll run this arrangement for a short time and then decide where to go from there....

HTR are also now definately building me the BDT engine (to Evo spec) - It seems silly to have most of the bits and not get it put together. Overview of engine will be as follows:

84mm Doug Kiddie crank

90mm Cosworth pistons on a dry decked block giving 2137cc

Methanol - 8 injectors (Motec M48)

T4 turbo

Only trouble is I don't know what to put the engine in at the moment

Home of BDR700