Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Feet

BenB

The pedals in my mates' Birkin are too close together for my size 10.5 feet. When I win the lottery am I going to have the same problem with a 7?

This could ruin my dreams of having a 7. Is there a remedy for the well endowed?

Driving boots help but I also found it a tad too cosy down there for my liking.

Depending on what sort of Seven you're after and the budget you have then maybe an SV might be worth a look ? I'd imagine (not seen one in the flesh so can't be sure) that they're a bit more generous in the foot well department.

I am size 9 and have no problems with driving boots on. I'm sure from chatting to other seven owners that there are guys out there with 10 and 11 size feet who don't have a problem. Best way is to pop into Caterham, or to an area meet, and try a seven for size!

Even with titchy size 9s, I can't drive drive my seven at all with anything other than bare feet or driving boots, so that's worth bearing in mind.

- How can such a cute looking car sound so ferocious! -

For me its size 11 feet and a standard (non SV) chassis. Driving boots are a necessity when driving my own 7- I have set the pedals up with enough room between the brake and accelerator pedals for there not to be a problem. When driving Caterham's own 7 on a track day last year, even the driving boots were too wide *eek* and I had to drive with no right boot on 😬.

So the moral is, you can get some 'compliance' in the pedal set-ups. And on your own car you will soon get 'tuned-in' to what is where.

darren f

The Building of R300SEV is Here

You all must have got bored with same questions last year re my size 9's !!!!!!!!!& toe & heeling ??????? - bend the brake pedal away from the fast pedal so that your foot just goes between the rhs & the brake (then put some waste pipe {just fits) over the go pedal to extend it left)

ALSO - try PUMA trainers - they're 1.5 cm narrower (the look on the girls face in JJB when SWWBO Anne said "could you drive in them dear") *biggrin*

rog

I used to accidentally push the throttle pedal when braking, so...

I adjusted the throtle pedal to a low position and the brake pedal to high. Now even when I stand on the brake it does not go low enough for my foot to reach the throttle! Sorted however much my foot hangs over the brake.

Dont know what that toes and heels thing is though *confused*

Dave

Saw a 7 *cool*

Hitched a ride in a 7 *eek*

Ordering a 7 *wink* - Done that now

Will Own a 7 😬 - First Week of 2003 - Got Her Now 😬 😬

Up to the elbows in cardboard and bits 😳 passed Post Build now - SVA in 2 weeks

Membership Number 6640

FWIW the Caterham sales team seem to be able to drive with their office shoes on? I know some of them are quite short but the guy I spoke to was my height ish 6ft or there abouts so h emust have had reasonable size feet? I think it comes down to getting used to it and adjusting the pedals to suit. I have size 10 feet and I can fit my feet down into the footwell of my superlight but I did have to adjust the pedals. They bend sideways fairly easily with a big bar for pressure!

Seems a number of people recommend the kart boots. As was posted earlier - At £40+ they are cheaper than say, typically Sparco boots - about £81, Sparco shoes - £61, but was told this is due to not having fire protection. For a size 11, 7ner who drives in socks at the moment - they must be a must.

Regards

Steve.

Free The Caterham Seven

Thanks for all the advice everyone - helping me to keep my dream alive. I know it was quite a stupid sounding question but there's no point in getting my hopes up if I am never going to get past passenger status! Thanks Again. *wink*

I have just bought some Sparco boots ( I think) from Demon Tweaks. I paid 45.82 including VAT and postage. I haven't tried them yet. My feet are size 9 and I have one VERY old pair of brogues that I can drive in. Everything else is too big. My son recently bought some trainers that look suitably narrow (not the chunky sole type) that I may try out.

Who's looking at the Ferrari? Nobody, that's who!

I'd definately agree on the different levels for pedals, - get the loud pedal to sit further away from you than the stoppy one. It also means that when you do want to H&T they're in the right place too, which is nice.

The first time I tried I didn't think I'd be able to drive one, and my shoes are only size 6, but as everyone else said, it's a case of getting used to it. The puma slip-on trainers are very good, I've also found that camper shoes have narrow soles and despite their name look less limp-wristed than the puma ones.

C

Charlie'n'Kermit

The plan is: Leave for Le Mans on the 7th

S5EVN

Converse Allstar trainers prove a cheap alternative to kart boots and you will even look 'cool' to your young relatives *cool*. They come in a range of styles and I find I have no problems with my size 11 feet.

I doubt they offer any more protection than normal trainers though. Do kart boots?

Have got cart boots myself and size 10 feet. Find them much better than any of my other shoes as soles don`t stick out at all.

Thinking of having a go at sprinting - live just near Curborough - but would I need flame retardant shoes for this?

It's not so much the size of the feet that worries me - it's what you're supposed to do with the left one when it doesn't have any immediate jobs to do. If all looks well for a mile or two, then you can shove it behind the clutch pedal - but any sudden developments can leave you embarrassed. Otherwise it hangs hovering and uncomfortable above the pedal until cramp sets in.

Phil

If I`m not needing my left foot I tend to alternate between behind the pedal (which is not too clever) and resting my foot on its side, just behind my right heel - seems comfy enough there, and soon appears back on the clutch when called for.