Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight? Wheels 2x6" 2x8"

Labergorce

Not sure if these are the original superlight wheels or not - I'm someone more informed than me can put me right.

Consequently unsure of what they're worth really. In reasonably good condition as you can see from the pics some slight bubbling.

Have old ZZR tyres which have done a fair few track day cycles - probably good for a no grip day!

£500 or offers.

IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

• Leadership Team

They're standard dedion fitment and were manufactured for the S3 chassis Superlight Rs.

If you've not had wider rears fitted previously you might need to grind or file a small amount off the dedion tube ends (easy to do) to make enough clearance to teh inside of teh wheel and you need to be careful where balance weights go. I have a few sets and they're great wheels. 

• Area Representative
4 minutes ago, D Jones said:

SLR No 77 Do these wheels need periodic crack testing?

No, only the MB magnesium wheels need crack testing.

• Like 1

• Area Representative

I am after a set so pending condition and collection/shipping arrangements can I have first dibs please.

Based near Devizes Wilts, whereabouts are you?

Regards Paul. 

• Area Representative
34 minutes ago, Labergorce said:

I have two PMs ahead of you Paul so if they don't work out or offer lower you can have 3rd dibs. I'm not far from you near Chippenham in Wilts.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Fingers crossed then, an easy collect if lucky?

• Like 1

• Leadership Team

Page 3 of the February issue of Lowflying shows how different these wheels can look with a change of colour scheme. Personally I prefer the standard polished rims but there’s certainly a lot of scope for something different.

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever purchased these wheels there is a set of prisoner wheels on ebay with caps for £200 BIN. No picture of the caps however.

I understand that the prisoner centre caps used the same tooling as those for the Superlight split rims albeit a slightly bigger diameter.

If I were desperate to make up a set of Superlights as per original spec, £200 less what you’d get for the wheels capless seems eminently reasonable IMHO.

Bit of due diligence that the caps for sale are in good order and they do in fact fit….