Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mirrors for Aeroscreen

Graham Hutton

1 hour ago, Graham Hutton said:

Colin I notice you have bothered with a centre mirror either. I'm unsure, so let me know how you get on without. I am a bit worried that the mirror on the post will really get in the way of my eyeline.

Agree centre mirror would significantly effect my view also.

When running with a full windscreen I rarely used the rear view mirror anyway as all it seemed to successfully do was give me a nice view of the X brace of the fia roll bar…

Found myself just using the side mirrors anyway, so that’s all I opted for with this.   Mirrors seem to give a nice field of view from my limited testing sat in it inside the garage making racing car noises. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I’m now looking at Aeroscreen options myself. Can anyone who has recently fitted the Meteor clear screen confirm what drilling is required (not including mirrors as I will be attaching those to the track day cage). Is it just the two holes in the bracket for the two poppers or do you also have to drill the screen itself to attach the central bracket to it?

I used to have a RIF carbon screen, with my old CSR, and I’m familiar with the Caterham version, but not this clear screen.

thanks,

On 29/12/2023 at 12:45, Colin_T said:

Installed mine the other day

luckily my car already had retaining channels fitted, which I didn’t know until I started removing the knee panels. 

IMG_5365.jpeg.15f1623b79d0a88942d9a2ac98ad5f59.jpeg

I can sell you some black rubbery plastic caps for your windscreen wipers (as seen on Graham's car). or just use some finger puppets like I do 😄

• 3 weeks later...

So, I had my first run out with the aero screen at the weekend.......... Hell of a lot quicker isn't it!! The shift light comes on before you know it 🙂 I quite like driving it with my hemet on the road too and the meteor motorsport aeroscreen with BigCols old mirrors works a treat.

This is mine I have just fitted. IMG_3930.thumb.jpeg.ecb3c4f6a8976f5ab04bd6dfe60dc864.jpegI needed to adjust the angle of the centre bracket. Simon (Meteor) suggested using a hair dryer but that didn’t work but boiling water did. I don’t have centre poppers so have used Velcro for now until I get brave enough to install rivnuts. 

Edited by Andrew Bennett
Spelling

11 minutes ago, Graham Hutton said:

Excellent! Did you enjoy driving it too? I haven't gone for a centre mirror yet but after my first drive I was unsure about whether I needed it or not. Still pondering that one.

Not tried it yet. First run out will likely be track day at Snetterton on 14th. Not sure whether I will keep aeroscreen on for the road as I don’t want to wear a crash helmet other than on a track.