Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ctek Battery Conditioner

Glynh

I have always left my "hobby" cars on a Ctek battery conditioner when garaged and I run a connection into the cockpit with a Ctek socket on it. However, I now have a 360S  and I noted that the Caterham manual stipulates that the battery must be removed from the car when being charged in order to avoid damaging sensitive electronics?

Is this really necessary, I have never had such a problem with any other car when conditioning the battery? 

I think most manuals state disconnect the battery before charging. Probably not much point but it would give them some protection against being sued by a numpty if something caused something to go bang or melt.

I use mine via an isolator switch as I am a numpty. I wouldn't leave it charging permanently but just for a few hours if the car hasn't been driven for a couple of weeks.

I use a CTEK 0.5 XS ... The little one.

I must say, at some phases in its cycle if I'm workingon the car and it's plugged in I can get quite a buzzing tingling sensation off it! Not painful, more uncomfortable, but definitely a few volts in the pulses it sends out.