Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Temperature drops when revved - Sigma Supersport 140

W33SVN

I didn't. I bought an OBDLink MX+ which is meant to be the best and although the dongle speaks to every app I have, the dongle won't speak to the car. 

My infrared thermometer confirmed the temperature of hoses close to the sender as the same as that displayed on the gauge, i.e 110 degrees. 

Current thermostat coming out this weekend to be replaced by the new thermostat I tested in the pan, just waiting for more coolant to arrive. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scott, due to the possible contamination from the radiator seal I had in the system, I think it would be unfair to blame the thermostats, there were a couple of brands. However, the one that I fitted in the end (and after many flushes which probably would have rectified the issue with my initial thermostats anyway?) was a CIRCOLI part no. 209590300 and it works perfectly. So rather than knock a product when it may not have been their fault, I'll gladly say the CIRCOLI works great for me. 

Just a word of caution, the expansion cap seal is very thin, and has been known to wear.  You can't over tighten it either due to the ratchet.  Be prepared for a potential cap leak, you will initially see signs of coolant in the expansion tank seam.  Given the number of times you must have removed and refitted that cap during your cooling issues it's likely to play up on those hot stuck in traffic days.  If you are looking for a replacement, avoid cheap eBay knock offs, stick to Rover (or Ford) genuine caps for some sort of quality guarantee. 

I have one of the ELMS type OBD readers, and I ve tried  anumber of apps, some will connect to the reader, but as yet,NONE will talk to the ECU...

Pretty sure all I can do now is just buy a new guage and keep my finegrs crossed that solves the issue.

I bought one of these mentioned previously. I haven't had a proper go with it but it connected to the ECU and showed temperature, RPM, fault codes etc. It also graphs the data so I could see the coolant temp increasing. I am hoping it will show the TPS voltage and site. Incredible if it does! 
5FB5D94E-9B1C-4CBC-B43A-C04416911160.thumb.jpeg.60d2a79f94ec3b999a944a93dd18e1a9.jpeg