Click here if you are having website access problems ×

270S build

Roearn

Can anyone help me. I'm trying to connect up the wiring on my new build. I've asked Caterham but they are a bit slow in coming back to me.

1. There is a lead coming off the LH side of engine. I think it's for oil pressure, with a dedicated round plug. It has three wires. Black, Green and Green/Orange. I cannot find anywhere to connect it to.

2. At the front of the car, around the radiator. Two female tab connectors. One Black wire and one Black/Brown. Cannot find where to connect to. I've got wires to the horn and radiator fan. What else is there?

Regards,

Roger

"2. At the front of the car, around the radiator. Two female tab connectors. One Black wire and one Black/Brown. Cannot find where to connect to. I've got wires to the horn and radiator fan. What else is there?"

"The wires at the front are not used."

That's very helpful. It looks as if they aren't in the wiring diagram at the back of the Assembly Guide. But they are in the TA 2013 diagram:

Screenshot2023-02-24at09_41_41.png.f4afaa506e02b94e849df8842e8bd3f7.png 

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

#5 Why do Caterham seem to be reluctant to answer wiring queries and supply diagrams.

IME, they're usually very quick to answer build queries (including wiring).  But as far as wiring diagrams are concerned, they stopped publishing openly around 2015 when the text-based Assembly Guides were replaced with the IKEA-style pictorial ones.  Getting them to release the latest wiring diagrams is challenging, to put it mildly.  I've tried, but with limited success.   

JV 

JV. My experience is that they reply well. I've just had a reply from Caterham to my wiring query. Two weeks later. Seems Lee was out of office. Made me smile, as I've tried to keep questions to a minimum and not ask anything stupid. 

Roger.