Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus on Track - anyone a member?

Caterham Track Days

• 4 weeks later...

All, good news on this... I'm sure a few of you had emails from LoT asking about roll over protection recently...

After a brief email chat with Paul Golding at LoT, he has confirmed as a result of that poll they are updating the wording to the following (as of today), which I'm sure you'll agree is much clearer:

"All Caterham type vehicles must be fitted with an approved Roll Over Protection system(ROPs), as a minimum the upgraded track day roll bar with additional cross bracing. In addition, all Caterham type vehicles must be fitted with a 6 point approved roll-cage at Brands Hatch GP, Bilster Berg, Dijon, Spa Francorchamps."

As an Elise S1 as well as a Seven owner, I have done many days with LoT over the past five years. They are usually competitively priced and always well-run. The small group of similar cars accepted means you don't end up with the 'BMW problem' where they disappear on the straights and you're all over them in corners which is common on TDs run by other companies. There's a friendly bunch of drivers and very considerate on track. The 'overtake only with consent' rule really helps and is adhered to. Sevens are popular so you won't be alone. I'd recommend.

• 1 month later...