Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ever wanted to drive the Nordschleife in your Cat?

mph

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still 10 weeks away for me, but 4 weeks til my trackday in Salzburg.

There's four days of TF at the end of September, which just happens to also be my birthday. I'm trying to convince the wife that we don't need to go on holiday for the occasion, rather I go to the Ring!

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely cracking day out at the Nords last Friday with @graearea. 

Great to meet Enrique, @Madriles, the night before too. We saw you heading out on to the track just after 9am, but then didn't see your car again all day. Where were you hiding? Did you have a good day? It's a pity we didn't get to do a three-cat convoy *driving*

There's a distinct possibility we'll head back again next year. RaceChrono said we managed an 8:07, with an eight-dead 'optimal' time. The heavens opened in the afternoon though, and neither of us were brave enough to push any harder *rofl* Unfinished business, then.

In other news, the Bilster Berg track day we did on the Tuesday before was probably my best day on track, ever. For multiple reasons. Mostly though because it was filthy weather in the morning, and we just did this…

Videos coming to the YouTubes channel (below) as soon as I've finished sifting through the GBs captured.

Hey Mark,

Yes, it was great meeting you and John, honestly. Pity we could not share more time together.

I saw John in the mirror when I was in the queue to go out to the track, it was the last time I had the chance to see you guys, unfortunately.

The thing is that the issue I had the day before on my way there, the throttle link and pedal sensor issue, reproduced again and again. I had it happening already in the first lap and opted to go out of the track. Then it happened again on the road, just like the day before. So the rest of the Friday was about getting the car towed and return to Switzerland.

Anyhow, not the greatest track day I've ever had for obvious reasons, but at least left the will to come back again and remove the bitter taste left. And maybe combine it this time with Bilsterberg too, based on what you guys told me and how much fun you had.

Hope to meet you soon and have more time with you guys, in and out of the track.

And for sure I will pay attention to any other trip you organize, as I will try to join when possible.

Oh noes!!! I was worried something had gone wrong but there weren't that many problems on the day

you had said that there was a problem with it previously. that's such a shame. I turned up at the track, took one look at you and thought.... oh... I forgot my helmet..... and drove back to the hotel...

I'd be well up for a repeat, if only there was a cheap/easy way of getting there that doesn't involve 12 hours travel... maybe we should get a double decker beaver tail...

https://www.mvtruckrental.com/vehicles/man-tgl-12-220-double-deck-tilt-and-slide-recovery-for-hire-mvb044

anyone wanna go halves?

I'd be well up for doing the same thing again. maybe attempting one of the dutch tracks as well.

it was an amazing week. I can tell you @mph is a nice person and we were roughly the same speed on the track which was good.

got some good pics

https://www.instagram.com/grae_area/

cheers!

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning Nürburgring enthusiasts. 

In case you missed it, I broke my car at Salzburg and thus missed the Nürburgring trackday I had booked at the end of June. I was able to retain a "store credit" with Circuit Days which I plan to spend on another Ring trackday in summer 2024.

So, the main question of this thread again: Who wants a club trackday at the Nürburgring in summer 2024?