Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windscreen/scuttle rubber strip

MattB

My windscreen was replaced at the 1000 mile service (cracked on delivery). Rather than sealing perfectly against the underside of the windscreen surround and the top of the scuttle as it did on delivery the rubber sealing strip now has gaps between it and the bottom of the windscreen and ripples on both sides between it and the scuttle.

As a result water has a number of easy paths from outside to inside when it rains.

Before I take the windscreen off I'd be grateful for any advice and/or tips on how to get the rubber strip to seal properly against the windscreen surround and the scuttle.

MattB

Make sure hollow side of seal faces down on to the scuttle when you fit the screen. Don't try sliding seal along the groove in the screen ... lay one leg of the tee into the groove, then press the other leg home with a credit card or scraper blade. Fit screen with stanchion bolts loose. Thread each end of desk through triangular hole and tension seal against scuttle before tightening stanchion bolts. Then carefully trim ends as required..

Thanks SM25T.

One other question - how and where do the heated screen wires connect to the main loom and is there enough slack in the wires to lift the windscreen up and rest it on a shallow box on the bonnet with them still connected?

MattB

• Area Representative

I had exactly the same issue when my screen was replaced under warranty back in November.

The frame was not sealed to the top of the screen and would move upwards when using the hood or half hood, enough to open a gap and let water through the top of the screen.

They made a better job of it 2nd time around in December, not exactly 7 weather!   I'd take it back if your not happy.