Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham rear LEDs installation

Se7enBTCC

So far I've just replaced the two front headlamps and removed the old rear lights (not yet installed new rears) and the front indicators and running fast. Hopefully once I've finished the new rears that will sort the problem, if not I'll get the relay.

• Leadership Team

Removing one lamp in the circuit would cause the indicators to flash at twice the speed with a traditional relay, before cars had modern high tech electrical systems the fast flashing indicator was the way you knew an indicator bulb had failed.

My understanding is that the Caterham rear light conversion is designed to balance the load on the relay so that it works fine without the need for a digital relay.

Stu.

Its a 2017 310R. When I purchased in August 2021 it had just had JAL LED headlights and LED front indicators fitted and the indicators were running slowly/ intermittent. Since then the car has not been used, just a premier power engine upgrade then fitted the rear LED light kit from CC in the last few days. 

• Leadership Team

The JAL rear lights need an electronic relay, I had them fitted before progressing to the new Caterham units. It's highly likely that the JAL front indicators also require an electronic relay.

Stu.

Thanks to all and ScottR400D - LED indicators are now working - removed the indicator relay, states on it for LED lights BUT looks cheap copy type, tags are very loose, firmly placed back in holder and presto....... all working. Will change to a better quality relay.