Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Threes Sisters Results

Alan Bowler

Hi Malcolm,
You are correct. The only previous run at 3 Sisters on the same "short" layout was in 2017, in wet conditions. The impact was noticed as I created the PDFs last night. Graham, Paul and I are discussing ideas as to what can be done, and how to get agreement, as the impact is indeed very significant. 

AB

Thanks for having a look at it. Graham, Alan, Paul.

I think I was the only one present at 3 Sisters whose novice score was shown as being based on a percentage of fastest class time of the day. I can see that this was obviously because there were no class 4 entrants in 2017. Even if I had been scored against class 6 times from 2017, I reckon I would have been 15-20% better off.

What I had considered to a particularly unsuccessful day for me at 3 Sisters became even more unsuccessfuller once I saw the results sheets......... and wept. *yikes*

Andy

Everyone should have an email from Graham with our proposed solution - I'll correct the scores and re-link subject to any objections to the proposal in the email. Seems some gremlins crept in as I tried to extract the unpublished P1 times from the timing website as well.

I agree with the changes Graham has proposed and implemented.

The way forward for scenarios like this moving forward is just as we do for the Overall Championship.

In the regs we can set out at the start of the year those events where there have been 3 competitive dry years competition.  These are calculated against records for % points.

New or poor weather events are calculated against the times on the day.

Well done good solution.  In keeping with the spirit of the Championship.

It's really AB, "Mr Compscorer" who did all the work on this and updated his algorithms to produce the corrected scores. We should all appreciate Alan's dedication to keeping all this up to date and producing the easily read charts on the results page.

Thanks for the suggestion Simon, something has to change in the regs to prevent this happening again.