Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Technical drawing / Blueprint

Dan R

I am looking for either a technical drawing or a blueprint of a Caterham / Lotus 7 to use as a decorative piece.  Ideally this would be an original item and as such the condition is secondary to its authenticity. Any help or suggestions on where i can source something suitable would be very welcome! 

Hi Tom,

Ive seen those too, hone seems to be a file that is sent electronically and you then print it off, and the other is a print.  I was hoping that i may be able to find something that is original, however i know this will be a long shot!

From what I've seen the cutaways that come up on Ebay, and elsewhere, are usually prints from the Lotus manual (as #6) or the early Caterham manual. The latter illustration is by Peter Baker who worked for Autocar and did other cutaways, such as the FW08, and I don't think was ever produced as a print. 

The original cutaway version that does come up for sale occasionally is Shin Yoshikawa's beautiful Lotus S2. There was a run of 100 numbered and signed copies and one of these came up for sale in a set of 6 Lotus drawings, all numbered 35/100, last year. There's an unsigned S2 copy on Ebay from the States at present but I'd want to be certain it's an original. The 16"x20" S2 is noted as in stock at Kai Art in the States who I think still published them (these versions are noted 'Published by Kai' in the bottom right). 

Hope this helps

R