Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Draft reducer

paul.hebertsky.com

I had one, then with the help of a member with a skilled wife and sewing machine, made a mesh screen that fills the complete roll bar. Far more effective at reducing spray in the back draught, and reducing turbulence if you drive with the doors removed (I don't do this very often).

Black insect mesh on EBay. Black cloth tape round the edge folded in half with a 2mm diameter stainless rod to make a stiff edge frame, sewn over the edge of the mesh. Straps are elastic with velcro patches

I have the sbfs version which certainly improves long trips fully tested to Italy in 2019.

It has useful storage pockets to.

I was lucky to pick it up at a bargain price from sevens and classics as the have a fair turnover of second hand parts.

I have had the SFBS version for a few years and like it a lot. It also has a very useful flap pocket. When used in combination with a half hood makes things almost draught free, warmer and light shower proof. If the car is only ever used on warm/hot days then the only benefit of it would be is to stop the buffeting from behind on motorway journeys.

#11 ... yes indeed. Especially the lightweight shower cap. Fitted one without half hood one night in Luxembourg. Next morning found we had suffered a lot of rain overnight. Showercap was now touching the handbrake and contained a huge amount of water. There was no easy way to bale it out. Cockpit ended up rather damp that tour.

I have no problems with the rear view mirror being obstructed with the SFBS version but maybe my height is just right. Another good thing about this type of thing is that it can reduce glare from headlights behind that get reflected into your eyes from the mirror.

That's a good shout. I'll have to look into one for that alone.

I'm new to Seven's, and headlight glare from all the other much taller vehicles is the only thing which annoys me. In all other respects, the seven is a perfect daily. *clap*

I've had an SBFS one for some time.  It works reasonably well, but I stopped using it because it requires both headrests to be fitted.   As I'm almost always solo, I remove the pax headrest for a better view to the left at junctions.

JV