Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Camberwick Green

arthur rayner

Remember that?!

I'm picking up my Camberwick Green Sprint tomorrow, just 135 miles on the clock. I traded in my basic 160, so looking forward to a retro beast...well a slow one, but seriously good enough for me. Hope it doesn't pee down tomorrow in Kent back to Ditchling, as the thought of that bloody hood and getting in/out fills me with fear!!

We used to go to a restaurant in Lewes and they had a figure on a cabinet that reminded me of Windy Miller, trouble was he was covered in blood, so had committed a serious crime...I thought WM was a decent chap, not a psychopath!

The Sprint is a superb looking car, I like it, but then I'm a fool for the vintage look, the red dash, the bulbous wings, the reflections in the back of the headlights, all felt good to me. So much easier to drive than my 1933 Morgan Family, and my 34 MG PA with crunching gears, but what the hell.

The purchases through GP Sevens was very good, they seem a decent bunch!

Arthur

Ah but this is a real Morgan, 1933 "Noddy" car, 990cc Matchless engine, hand throttle, front brakes actuated by handbrake, rear by footbrake (pretty useless), no mirrors yet, but not been on road either. First run should be to Plough pub at Plumpton next week, assuming that someone doesn't decimate us by hurtling up our chuff en-route...the bastards, or even a lycra clad cyclist overtakes us at 40mph!

MORGANFAMILY1(2).thumb.jpg.70d2ee1b6ed8ea9cecb8384808820925.jpg