Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heated Screen Wiring Colours

L66TEY

Please would someone assist by confirming the wire colours on the harness side for each of the two heated screen wires (driver and passenger side)?

As I've discovered the driver side wire from the screen is not attached to anything. 

Ref: 2010 R300D

With thanks

Chris 

Can't help with colours but, one wire is an earth (so very probably black) and the other is live when the heated screen switch is on. IIRC, the live was on the drivers side when I worked on my last Caterhams heated screen. Test any currently unplugged loom wire with a multimeter and the heated screen switch, that should do it.

Hope that helps :-)

"On K Series era cars they were Black (earth) and Green/Pink (supply). Not sure if they have changed since but probably (sic) not!"

It's the same on later cars:

Screenshot2021-04-05at09_35_21.png.fcfdfa8aca6484065fd231c7d800aa4c.png

Screenshot2021-04-05at09_35.50_0.png.fe8eb347bc8d6d0bded54d41a3bd08af.png  

Jonathan

PS: Usual offer of wiring diagrams, Assembly Guides, Handbooks etc to any Member who would like them.

Thank you everyone for your input. 

I located a green/pink wire with a female connector attached to nothing (see pic),

I've now connected this to the black wire from the windscreen. 

Albeit, I have to admit as to not being sure when (if ever) I will be able to test it and reap the benefits of a heated screen. 

Chris 

7B6C62F6-1FD1-4016-9F95-F864F7E2D28F.thumb.jpeg.4d5be212863fe0c75f5da6b7a741d0aa.jpeg

Reply to #10

I see what you mean Dave. 
Put it down to "over flash" mobile phone camera technology-  as whilst it's a faint pink, it is more pink than yellow to the naked eye. 

I also tested the voltage across this wire and the Black wire on the passenger side and they give 12v when the heated screen button is pushed.