Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help for a newbie

AlanO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Alan, I'm now in the position you were earlier in the year and looking to buy my first Caterham. I had planned to do it in 2019, but for various reasons that rolled into 2020 and we all know what happened then.  

I'm going to explore the new route, likely a 310 in the same colours as yours, but I guess if something came up that met my spec then maybe a used one would speed things up.  

I've driven a few, but need to ensure my wife is happy in an S3 as she has only been in a hired SV. Off to the open day at Caterham in a week or so to gather info and then most likely a visit to the new dealer Krazy Horse in Bury St Edmunds.  I'm in Bishop's Stortford, so Hertfordshire like you, and as they are quite close and I'm interested to see if I should order from them or at Crawley.  Either way, I know I am in for a long wait.

Anyway, enjoy your new car, looks like the weather is set to improve so you can take that half-hood off and enjoy it.  

Phil

From the KH website .... "Our Morgan Car Dealership in Bury St Edmunds now also offer a Morgan Hire Service. Click HERE for all the details.". Don't tell Derek. I would suggest that this may not be the best place to investigate Caterhams. Go to an established knowledgeable dealer like Sevens and Classics at Brands Hatch, or GP Sevsns at Ide Hill. Both have many years of experience, with staff that used to work at CC.

Congratulations Alan! 

I am a new owner myself and looks like im not a million miles away either. Im sure we will both be having similar experiences, so happy to share and help as and where i can.  Im currently ironing out some 'Teething troubles' with mine! 

Thanks, yes I will check out Seven & Classics and GP Sevens too, though KH are now an official Caterham dealer so if I decide to buy new they are an option, I don't think they hold any second hand stock. Whisper it quietly - They do sell Morgans and lots of cool bikes too.

Hi Phil. I knew that once I decided to buy 'off the shelf' I'd have to compromise on some elements and ideally would have gone for a 310, but an upgrade's possible in due course. The wait for an ordered car was too much to bear and was fortunate to see this available.

Also with dealerships, it was a case of going where a suitable car was.

Ditto with an SV vs standard chassis, and exactly for the same reason!!

Thanks Alan,  I'll keep a close eye on all the dealers in case a car comes up that meets most requirements, happy to compromise on some things, otherwise I'll probably order new in coming months.  

Enjoy your new car, it looks fantastic.