Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No space for front ARB

BeingOriginal

My car currently isn't running a front ARB due to a lack of space, the car was originally an HPC retrofitted with a Duratec so doesn't have the cowling setup, it's running a 13" fan. 

What's my best plan of action please?

1. Fit a smaller 10/11" fan that should free up enough space?
  2. Add some bigger spacers for the rad to move everything forward another 1.5 inches?
  3. Fit my existing fan on the other side of the radiator?

Picture for reference

RqT4I8dT2qBAO0vwyAYdg.thumb.jpg.fbbaaeda3c4b76e35f42a291d588a800.jpg

Maybe someone could answer B O's question about whether the car needs an arb.  If you're oversteering you could first try adjusting the rear arb if you have one.

When hill climbing/sprinting my 2 litre Vx (very heavy) engined car I had a Freestyle adjustable arb that I set to minimum stiffness when dry and disconnect completely in the wet, otherwise it understeered like a pig (no disrespect to any pigs reading this!)

Whether the same is true with the Duratec engine I don't know but I wouldn't be tempted to go too stiff with a fixed bar without talking to someone who knows as it could be an expensive experiment otherwise.

You might also talk to Bruce at Arch about getting one made as I believe he used to make the adjustable bar for Freestyle.

Paul